inland revenue unfair pressure? please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there

i had tax debts going back a few years totaling about 14.5 k, over the last year i have had an Un-official arangement with them to pay at £5oo.oo per month ,also my 07-08 return was put in and as i had overpaid tax (im a builder) this reduced it and now i owe about 8 k i suggested to the revenue that i could do my 08-09 return early (not due till jan 2010) and this would also help to reduce my debt,the problem is that one of the contractors i worked for is saying he cant give me the information on tax deducted untill his accountant tells him ,this seems to be taking months,the revenue are threatening to take me to court or send the baliffs round if i dont get the return in and will not come to an arrangement till i do even though im still paying £500. a month and its not my fault i cant get the information to complete my return ,and leagally the return dosent have to be in till next year,i feel this is very unfair as i am making payments that i really cant afford already,and im having to work 7 days just to make ends meet,,please help

jezzy

R.B.S Mastercard £7,189.00 written off default removed

NatWest Goldcard

Natwest business account

Natwest joint personal

B&Q Trade account

Debenhams store card

leeds mortgage

Nationwide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IF YOU HAVE FOUND MY ADVICE HELPFULL PLEASE CLICK ON MY SCALES, ALL ADVICE IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH AND IS MY OPINION ONLY

Have you told them that this contractor has not supplied you with this information.

Get onto the contractor and tell him has 7 days to provide the information otherwise you will take action against him and his accountant. There is no reason his accountant cannot provide this information (unless the contractor is doing a bit of a fiddle.) Tell them you have informed the IRS that he will not provide this information he can be in trouble himself if he withholds this information.

The IRS is one person you don't mess with. I know I have a nephew who is now bankrupt because of the IRS.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Jez is that a picture of you, if so id suggest you remove it as its not a good idea to post anything that can identify you.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

i have told the revenue that the contractors being unco-operative,but they dont care the new system they have implemented is flawed in my opinion you used to get monthly cis tickets and ytou knew where you were, i shall remove my picture

NatWest Goldcard

Natwest business account

Natwest joint personal

B&Q Trade account

Debenhams store card

leeds mortgage

Nationwide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IF YOU HAVE FOUND MY ADVICE HELPFULL PLEASE CLICK ON MY SCALES, ALL ADVICE IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH AND IS MY OPINION ONLY

Yes it used to be much better when you got the slip things don't always change for the better.

I would then now write a formal letter to the contractor and ask for his accountants details for which you will give him 7 days to respond otherwise you will take further action.

His accountant cannot withhold this information. It may just possibly be that he hasn't ask them for the information.

Send your letter by SD so he will get it before 1pm the following day. If he is near to you don't just drop it off as he could say he's not received it. You could put something like:

"I have request previously that you supply me with the following details:

(List the information that you require in a specific order)

Please be aware that I have informed the Inland Revenue of your unwillingness to provide this information which the Inland Revenue require I provide.

As you have not supplied this information I now formally give you 7 days to provide this information to me and advise that if the required information is not forthcoming I will have no option but to take this matter further and you will be liable for any costs involved. "

Thats just an idea it is entirely up to you if you send a letter or not but they should not be withholding this information.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

thankyou jezzy

NatWest Goldcard

Natwest business account

Natwest joint personal

B&Q Trade account

Debenhams store card

leeds mortgage

Nationwide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]