parking ticket hgv london

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i hope someone can help, i was sent to do a job for my company, delivering goods to a customer, due to the fact i was driving a hgv i had to park next to the customers site. the only space avalible was a private parking box oppisite the customer, the customer unloaded my trailer one side and then i have to move over to the over side of the road for the customer to unload the rest, while i was being unloaded i was given a parking ticket, which i was told dont worry the customer will pay it as we get them all the time.

i phoned my boss and told them and was told to hand it in. turns out the customer has refused to pay the 60 quid fine, so my company has taken it out of my wages, which i consider to be out of order as it was them that sent me to do the job.

i have argued this with the boss and have got lots of support from other drivers and so called manager but its now got to the point i am going to have to take legal action, i think its fair enough to pay a fine if im stupid enough to stop and run into a shop while on yelow lines but not when im told to go to that customer. if i had refused to do the job i would be facing diserplinery action. so im stuck in a limbo, Any help would be most appreciated thankyou.

Unless it is written into your employment contract, I believe it is illegal to deduct such charges from your wages. Even if it were a contract term, I think in these particular circumstances they will be on a very sticky wicket legally speaking.

It may be that the legal route is the only one open to you.

All I can do is offer some support mate. The company I used to work for had a shop in Hammersmith I think it was. There was no where to unload, so you had to park the truck on double yellows. The company paid this fine every week for something like 20 or so years!

Your employer is not allowed to make deductions from your wages without first telling you and you agreeing to it, as far as I know. Keep plugging away mate and good luck. jed

you said private parking , was this on a public road ??

or was it on industrial estate etc

reason asking is this a Council ticket ot Private parking Company PPC

whole new ball game if its a PPC

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

The owner of the vehicle is liable for the charge. If that's not you, you can't have liability imposed on you by the ownerjust because you were the driver - unless your employment contract states that you will be responsible for paying PCNs incurred.

Yeah, do. Don't let him fob you off with the phrase "transfer of liability". That only applies in certain situations - the owner can't legally transfer liability just because someone else was driving, and in any case he hasn't done so. He's gone direct to you for payment against something the owner is seemingly liable for. (But do check your contract!)