fwog

Contract phone disconnected whilst abroad!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4049 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

Bit of a nightmare this one

I went to Crete two weeks ago. Before I left, I called 02 to confirm the call costs whilst abroad. They relayed the charges to me and as I have a Black Berry, I thought I'd take another phone to avoid data charges. No mention about any issues with my account

Landed in Crete, received the welcome text to confirm charges. Then nothing, the phone wouldnt let me dial out or recieve calls for the whole duration of the trip. On my return (Tuesday) I found out 02 hadnt been collecting my direct debit from my account for 3 months I called and asked why they hadnt queried it on the first month, they said it was a technical hitch.

Ive lost work through this as Im self-employed and people have called my number ,not to find an answering machine but a dead tone

02 cant be less concerned, the guy on the phone said he'd offer two weeks free line rental, and I pointed out this was a minimal 'good will' gesture as I'd been without the phone for that time.

Im really peeved about this. Ive paid the outstanting in full (there wasnt any issues with the money) but even though Ive been onto them through a landline to an 0870 number for over two hours, and been in touch with their resolution team, Im still feeling hard done by.

Has anyone else came across this?

Or has any advise on how to complain in the most bitter terms possible?

Many thanks for looking

Fwog

Bumpy

:)

Irrespective of how you pay, legally the onus remains with you at all times to ensure your account is settled in good time. This is why Direct Debits are such a bad deal - you lose whatver the problem is. Yes, they're systems may have cratered and they didn;t take the money you autherised them to - but in cases like this you still have to make arrangements to pay by a differnet method.

Edited by buzby

Thanks Buzby,

I'll add that to the list of things I've learned today :D

It just seemed to be a real crappy way of finding out. No call, dead phone on holiday. I thought contractually they would have some responsibility, admittedly, I didn't check my DD, because I never have had to before.

Will do in future though ;)

Thanks again

Fwog

It's still cheaper to send postcards! :)

It's still cheaper to send postcards! :)

LOL.

Still waiting for most of them to arrive, came back last Tuesday :)

Fwog