You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

gorse36

General Employment Issues

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4017 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

If I am signed off sick and deemed unfit to carry out my duties satisfactorily and my employer has asked me to attend a disciplinary which my GP also thinks I am not fit enough to attend, is the usual thing to postpone until I am fit enough? I did speak to someone at a local advice centre who said that it is normal that employers must postpone a hearing.:???:

Would it not also be courteous for my employer to check that I am ok? I have been off sick for about 10 weeks and was very closing to leaving this life at one point when I was rushed into hospital. I have not heard anything from them except a signed get well card 10 weeks ago. They are supposed to be a caring profession too.

Just wondered what you all thought.:mad:

It wiser for an employer to postpone the hearing until you are fit and ready to attend but they are not legally obliged to. By delaying it, they would be protecting themselves longterm from an employee saying that they never had a proper chance to defend themself at he hearing and avoid a tribunal ruling against them.

Many thanks

Madari says :

The employer has a legal duty to delay any disciplinary hearings if the employee in question is not fit to attend an interview.

No tribunal will blame you as you were clearly acting on doctors advice.

I suggest you ask them to postpone the meeting and if they refuse, then you can use their refusal to your advantage at any tribunal hearing.

Good luck.