Need some advice about FTBI and countryside properties going back on their word?!?!?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have found a lovely new built home as part of the FTBI scheme set up by the government. I have been to view the property on several occassions and the Countryside Properties representative told me I can secure the plot/house if I paid an early bird fee of £250.00. This seemed like a great idea as I really wanted the house so today I paid the early bird fee as they call it and I have in the last 10 minutes recieved a call telling me that the money as been refunded by them to my account as they now have another couple coming to view the same house.

Where do I stand in regards to the law on this.

They sold me a service and have gone back on their own word and initial advice. They gave me the hard sell about this so called early bird scheme telling me that it guarantees me the property I want and now it looks like they are going to sell this property from under my nose.

Any ideas what I can do as this as totally ruined my day.

Advice needed please

VICTORIES TO DATE THROUGH THE HELP OF THIS SITE:

1. Littlewoods Catalouge - No pursual of debt & wrote off £4500

2. Three mobile - Debt written off in full, all adverse entries including default removed from credit files, even got an apology from the Chairmans office

3. HSBC Bank - Partial refund for bank charges & claim lodged at court for outstanding charges.

4. HFC Bank - Ongoing - SAR'd in may- Going to register at court for non compliance.

5. Barclaycard - Being very awkward but Ongoing - These are a tricky bunch but they will fold before I do.

GOD BLESS CONSUMER ACTION GROUP!

bump

2. Three mobile - Debt written off in full, all adverse entries including default removed from credit files, even got an apology from the Chairmans office

3. HSBC Bank - Partial refund for bank charges & claim lodged at court for outstanding charges.

4. HFC Bank - Ongoing - SAR'd in may- Going to register at court for non compliance.

5. Barclaycard - Being very awkward but Ongoing - These are a tricky bunch but they will fold before I do.

I have found a lovely new built home as part of the FTBI scheme set up by the government. I have been to view the property on several occassions and the Countryside Properties representative told me I can secure the plot/house if I paid an early bird fee of £250.00. This seemed like a great idea as I really wanted the house so today I paid the early bird fee as they call it and I have in the last 10 minutes recieved a call telling me that the money as been refunded by them to my account as they now have another couple coming to view the same house.

Where do I stand in regards to the law on this.

They sold me a service and have gone back on their own word and initial advice. They gave me the hard sell about this so called early bird scheme telling me that it guarantees me the property I want and now it looks like they are going to sell this property from under my nose.

Any ideas what I can do as this as totally ruined my day.

Advice needed please

Did you sign anything?

Was there a specified contract or just generalities about ' this will secure the property'

Are you sure you've lost it?

What have you asked them?

Meph

They said there was nothing to sign as the transaction is sufficient evidence that we secured the plot.

They said earlier that they have refunded it at the request of the area manager and that they want me to "take the risk that the propert won't go before the application is approved" - Bere in mind that according to Countryside properties the whole idea or the early bird fee is to SECURE the plot so to avoid disappointment?!

I asked them to re consider there actions until the application is processed by plumlife (who coinsidently don't feel there is an issue and the application should get the thumbs up in the next 8 days because everything is in place).

I really don't know what to do about this.

They said there was nothing to sign as the transaction is sufficient evidence that we secured the plot.

They said earlier that they have refunded it at the request of the area manager and that they want me to "take the risk that the propert won't go before the application is approved" - Bere in mind that according to Countryside properties the whole idea or the early bird fee is to SECURE the plot so to avoid disappointment?!

I asked them to re consider there actions until the application is processed by plumlife (who coinsidently don't feel there is an issue and the application should get the thumbs up in the next 8 days because everything is in place).

I really don't know what to do about this.

Sounds like they are playing you against the other couple. I would suggest that you would like to speak to the area manager and get him to explain that after been promised the early bird fee would secure why his company is now placing you in competition with another couple and why he is causing you the stress to believe you may not get the property.

It sounds like you may not have any concerns given the reaction of Plumlife and Countrywide, but I would get them to answer the question as to how they feel they can promsie one thing and then retract it.

Meph

Any other advice from anyone who may have had a similar situation.

And just to update - I taken the advice above and tried to speak to the area manager and the sale person won't comply with us and let us speak to them.

Are they allowed to sell us something to secure a plot / house whilst our application goes through and then refund it to us in the hope that the other people buy it before us?

Does anyone know the law surrounding things like this or if it is coverd by any law etc.

Any other advice from anyone who may have had a similar situation.

And just to update - I taken the advice above and tried to speak to the area manager and the sale person won't comply with us and let us speak to them.

Are they allowed to sell us something to secure a plot / house whilst our application goes through and then refund it to us in the hope that the other people buy it before us?

Does anyone know the law surrounding things like this or if it is coverd by any law etc.

Difficult one that, yes you paid for something but there were no conditions or terms from what you've said to the contract, they've then put you back in the position that you were in previously, you've suffered no loss but some emotional distress, I believe you'd have to sue them to get anywhere, the only other thing I can suggest is talk to the industry watchdog if there is one and report them to trading standards for advice.

Meph

Hi all.

I have had a bit of good news regarding the other comments by myself in this thread. I have now managed to secure the property in question as my application was approved and am going to be paying my reservation fee (again).

One thing I do need advice on however is to do with solicitors. When speaking to the rep at cp she told me that I HAVE to use a solicitor recommended by them. I told them I didn't want to as one of my friend's was a solicitor and they would only charge me for the searches and everything else would be done at mates rates or for free. Do I have to use one of their recommended solicitors. I can't find anything anywhere regarding this matter.

Another thing I am unsure about is whether or not I am allowed to make an offer on the property (it is First time buyer initiative / FTBI). They told me that it is a fixed price and I pay what I see but is anyone aware of the accuracy of the information given to me by these Sales reps at Countryside properties.

Any help in this would be fantastic as it is pretty urgent now that I sort things out.

Thanks in advance oh wise ones...

bump