wescot for provident

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

today my brother who lives 120 miles away received a letter at his home asking for money!!!

not sure who people are yet as was message passed on . I have never passed his details on to anyone and find this very embarassing!!!

what should we do with the letter to avoid any furher ones ??

all ideas received with thanks

yeah they addressed it to me at hs address - his other half opened it it had all details in it. She then called them asking why she had the mail and apparently they said they looked my surname up his was first on list so they sent to him - just worried how many more people going get mail for me that have my last name !!! how embarassing!!!!!!!!!!! she is forwrading the letter to me

she just told me the company sending her letter of apology and reason my bro had letter was cause their records show we had same address once upon a time! (12 years ago !)

The company isn't DLC (Direct Legal Collections) by any chance? This is one of their tactics - no matter what they tell you, it's done to cause the maximum embarrassment and you should report them to Trading Standards.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.