You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4016 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys as the title says really Equita say they cant provide details of levy fees applied to my accounts or the subsiquent atending to remove fees as they do not have any details (form 7's etc) :confused: this is either because the bailiffs never filled them out or because they have not kept them.How long should Equita keep details of the levies and atending to remove fees. Thanks guys:-)

What are you trying to achieve in obtaining this data? If it's to get out of paying then surely no proof on their part is what you want.

If it's for another reason a brief explanation may help

Hi well im trying to investigate my accounts that Equita have held for unpaid council tax since 2004 they have applied lots of levy and enforcement/atendance to remove fees but I have never had the form 7's to show what was levied now as no bailiff has ever enterd my home I can only asume they have levied upon a car parked out side my home however I have never owened a car I have asked Equita for the form 7's so as I may see what was levied against but they say they dont have them. now this is because they have destroyed them and will say they did not need to keep them for more than x amount of time or because they have never been filled out by the visiting bailiff I suspect the latter so if I can find out how long they are suposed to keep such information then this will help in my battle with Equita Im of the belief they should keep this kind of thing for 6 years does any one know for sure thanks much all

well i would go for 6 yrs as you need to keep accounts for 6 yrs for the vat and tax man

Im thinking 6 years as im entitled to question my accounts as far back as that however would be nice to see it written somewhere in law

Hi guys as the title says really Equita say they cant provide details of levy fees applied to my accounts or the subsiquent atending to remove fees as they do not have any details (form 7's etc) :confused: this is either because the bailiffs never filled them out or because they have not kept them.How long should Equita keep details of the levies and atending to remove fees. Thanks guys:-)

I would think that they have to keep 6 years worth of records under the data protection act 1998 , like anyone else , especially as they have had financial dealings with you . If someone rings the information commissioners office , they should say yay or nay whether bailiff cos are obliged to abide by the law .If they haven't they and their principals the councils could be in trouble , because if anything merits a proper audit trail , it should be the levying of peoples goods to pay alleged debts .

Hi well im trying to investigate my accounts that Equita have held for unpaid council tax since 2004 they have applied lots of levy and enforcement/atendance to remove fees but I have never had the form 7's to show what was levied now as no bailiff has ever enterd my home I can only asume they have levied upon a car parked out side my home however I have never owened a car I have asked Equita for the form 7's so as I may see what was levied against but they say they dont have them. now this is because they have destroyed them and will say they did not need to keep them for more than x amount of time or because they have never been filled out by the visiting bailiff I suspect the latter so if I can find out how long they are suposed to keep such information then this will help in my battle with Equita Im of the belief they should keep this kind of thing for 6 years does any one know for sure thanks much all

I've been thinking about this for a while now. Surely you just tell Equita to 'do one' as they have no proof you owe them a penny?

If you feel they owe you money that may change things.

I would say 6 years.