kia and nat west

kia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

right try to do this short and sweet went to make a payment over the phone with my card today and was to1d my card has been dec1ined so i thought odd as i know theres money on there so went to my 1oca1 branch which unfortunat1ey when i got there was c1osed so thought i11 get a mini statement thinking must be more money gone out than i thought we11 it swa11owed my card and spat out a s1ip saying contact branch card retained :eek:so im 1ike ehh.

The on1y thing i can think of if is when i sp1it from hubby we had two accounts with nat west one that was for his wages one for my benefits as i dont work and his account got 1oads of charges on it so he moved his account to another bank and 1et the charges run up and yes have every intention of c1aiming them back but with my dad been sick not got the time at the moment so my bank account for benefits is a1so in joint names and i think theyve snatched it for this over draft which is a1so in joint names and yes i know shou1d have got it changed from joint names but he didnt 1ive with me so was awkward to get the fom signed as on1y saw his once a week.

What do i do now im going in branch tomorrow to try and sort this out as that account is for my benefits which arent much to begin with but feed me and my daughter and now ive got no income and worse is the fact i got another payment due on sat :eek:any he1p p1ease im ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:???::???:xxkia

Have a look in the natwest forum cos I think it is Bs0lth(not sure on the spelling of that username) went in with letter and got their money out.

Providing its not RBS you should be fine.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Kia, new bank account with another bank plus first right of appropriation.....cancel the DD due out on Saturday.
this 1ink dont work yb u got another one xxxxkia

double click on the link(I just checked the link again).

nope i just get the message something is wrong with this 1ink etc he1ppppppppp yb xxxxkia ps says error 404 if that he1ps xx

right have tried to cance1 this sat payment for tax credit but too 1ate they said but i think if this account has been c1osed sure1y any other money going into it wi11 be sent back to the benefits pp1 wi11 it not xxxkia

u reckon so what do i do about money going in on sat then cos gonna go in for a fight tomorrow but what about that going in cos cant stop it going in xxxkia ps the 1ink dont work we11 not for me :(

kia, have you got a problem with your keyboard?(sorry spotted a few things that I had as well before).

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

hiya... Ive been on this forum for far too long over the last couple of days, Im reading everything...

I had the same problems with the natwest, I had two accounts one in poor standing and one in fantastic standing. However, they closed both of them. You need to phone the bank to find out whats happening. find out if they have closed or are in the process of closing your account. if it is you need to work fast to get the money out of there.

if you go to my link as yourbank told you to do you can see what I did. however you need to stand your ground and fight to get what benefit money you had paid in.

If they are closing your account, then all of your direct debits are cancelled, and your going to have to talk to the people that you need to pay.

I printed out a letter of right of appropriation, this say that i need the money for priority debts, I took that with me as ammo...

I went to the branch, I told them i wanted the money and they put me on the phone to the collections team. I explained that I had all ready been on the phone and I wanted the money that was in the second account as it was benefit money. They authorised the bank to pay it to me.

They are going to tell you that there is nothing at all they can do about it, and you cant have your money, but you need to keep focused and you will eventually get it back.

prior to going into the bank I did phone up the DWP and the inland Revenue to ask if there was anything then can do and they can take the payment back as a last resort.

I also opened a bank account yesterday in the CO-OP.. they were great and helped me with my options alot.

MP me if you need anything more from me

Good Luck

Lynne (Bs0lth)

• Haha 1

Kia...

right, if the money goes in on Sat then your going to have to go and get it out again on monday...

give them 2 Right of appropriation forms one for the money thats in there now and one for monday, put on exactly how much is due on monday, who its from and tell them you will be back in on monday to collect it.

Yourbank was a great help to me yesterday, you need to open another account asap, it will take a couple of days for it to be opened if your going to the co-op as they will open it in principle but have to do fraud checks on you.

Lynne

kia, have you got a problem with your keyboard?(sorry spotted a few things that I had as well before).
yep my 1 button dont work broke it :rolleyes:xxxkia

hiya... Ive been on this forum for far too long over the last couple of days, Im reading everything...

I had the same problems with the natwest, I had two accounts one in poor standing and one in fantastic standing. However, they closed both of them. You need to phone the bank to find out whats happening. find out if they have closed or are in the process of closing your account. if it is you need to work fast to get the money out of there.

if you go to my link as yourbank told you to do you can see what I did. however you need to stand your ground and fight to get what benefit money you had paid in.

If they are closing your account, then all of your direct debits are cancelled, and your going to have to talk to the people that you need to pay.

I printed out a letter of right of appropriation, this say that i need the money for priority debts, I took that with me as ammo...

I went to the branch, I told them i wanted the money and they put me on the phone to the collections team. I explained that I had all ready been on the phone and I wanted the money that was in the second account as it was benefit money. They authorised the bank to pay it to me.

They are going to tell you that there is nothing at all they can do about it, and you cant have your money, but you need to keep focused and you will eventually get it back.

prior to going into the bank I did phone up the DWP and the inland Revenue to ask if there was anything then can do and they can take the payment back as a last resort.

I also opened a bank account yesterday in the CO-OP.. they were great and helped me with my options alot.

MP me if you need anything more from me

Good Luck

Lynne (Bs0lth)

hiya 1ynne i phoned them soon as i knew something was wrong when i tried to withdraw money and it took my card first monkey said nothing wrong with my card or account and he11 pass me so someone to rep1ace my card second monkey said yes my card has been retained but wou1dnt say why as she cou1dnt say hmmmm:roll:so now to the branch tomorrow to p1ay merry he11 with em but i dont back done easi1y ive fought the best and won 1et u know how it goes can someone maybe pm me the fu11 1etter as i cant seem to access it through the 1ink xxxxkia

he1ppppp guys sti11 cant get the 1ink to work and have tried to find the 1etter in the temp1ates need this 1etter for tomorrow thanks xxxxxxkia

Hi Kia

This is what I used, I changed the figures around. I also read the thread is the bank taking all of your benefits, that helped me quite a lot to get started, and just sort of took it from there.

Hope this helps

Lynne

RIGHT OF APPROPRIATION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

I am writing to inform you that I am due to have a Tax Credit payment of £xxx paid into my account on xx/xx/xx, and I wish to use my first right of appropriation for this money, for the following purposes;

Rent £xx

Utilities bills £xx

Housekeeping money £xx

I will withdraw the money on the day that it is deposited for the above use, and I would be grateful if you would ensure that any other payments out of my account do not interfere with this withdrawal.

Yours faithfully,

[signature]

[print name)

its ok found the 1etter took a whi1e but got there right quick update went to bank today armed with 1etters and ready to fight and the woman gave me a form to take hubby off my account and she said then i can get my money but i somehow dont be1ieve her but benefit of the doubt for now and she did doub1e check to make sure with the manager who said yep so i11 go back tuesday see what happens then and tried to open another account with co op and was knocked back :eek:so any other ideas on1y asked for basic account too said didnt pass credit cheque which didnt come as surprise as had debt issues but on1y asked for ordinary debit card account for benefits no over draft and sti11 never got it xxxkia

oh Kia, Im sorry about the co-op I got it no problems, but only wanted the basic one, thats all I needed and they passed me straight away. The Abbey do one, and I think Barclays... have a look at the links for a parachute account they list all of the banks there.

I hope that you will get it sorted with the natwest, but Im really happy that you got your money without a fight... its one step further.

Lynne

i just wanted the basic one too so my credit rating must rea11y suck mustnt it to be turned even for that and yep i hope i get it back but its not in my pocket yet wi11 on1y be happy when it is therexxxxkia ps wi11 have a 1ook at the parachute accounts to be honest this was a parachute account from the ha1ifax who did the same thing to me few years back but then i didnt know i was enitit1ed to it back they used it to pay my credit card the gits and 1eft me with no money for fu11 week had to borrow it off dad x

Hi Kia

My credit sucks, I dont understand why I got an account and you didnt... but whos to know.

the list of bank acounts is one that offer a basic bank account. it may be that you will have to go through all of them. However, if you have been declined it might make it harder... its not fair I know....

I will keep my fingers crossed for you to get it sorted. Dont leave the bank this time without your money, you just have to be determined... and tell them your not leaving until you have it.

they might but you on the phone, this is a good thing, cos they will mark the computer so that you get your cash

let me know how you get on

Lynne

i wi11 do gotta go to hospita1 tomorrow too so might be evening before i know but no i wont 1eave without it this time cos she said she asked the manager so we sha11 see sti11 got my other 1etter in my bag to fight them if necesssary xxxkia

• 2 weeks later...

sorry forgot to update u a1ot going on per norma1 for me i handed in the form and they basic11y gave me money so prob so1ved hopefu11y permanet1y cos the dd seem to be going ok one thing they do seem to be s1ow to send out my new card which i11 need to chase up again been near1y three weeks now xxxkia