Two Defaults on one account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,have just been looking at my Experian account,and there are two different defaults, for the same Barclaycard,but showing on seperate accounts,one is by 1st Credit,the other by Barclaycard.

Are they allowed to do this,thanks.Steve:eek:

Put simply, NO!

Who is chasing you for the debt? Barclays or 1stcrudit?

If 1st have bought the debt from barclays then the only default showing should be from 1st, barclays should have removed their mucky footprints from your file when they sold it!

Get in touch with experian and make a complaint that there are two defaults showing for the same account.

Then make a complaint to barclays, the OFT, 1st crudit, your cat your dog, anyone else you can think of!:D:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi all,who would i send CCA to,Shall i sent it to both,and also what shall i put in letter to all parties re this complaint.thanks.Steve

That depends on how old the debt is?

Is it before 2006? How did you apply for the card, internet, form in magazine, in person, over the phone?

And looking at both the entries on your CRA file, it does look like it has gone back to sharklay card, have you not received any notification from them that they are pursuing it?

If you have not received any notification about the debt, and who is now responsible for collecting it, I would let sleeping dogs lie, unless your credit file is of any importance to you?;)

• Haha 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Have already sent CCa letter to 1st crudit,so will wait and see what happens,they will probably say debt gone back to barclaycard,if so should they remove their details from CRA,and have not heard from either party in a while,thanks.Steve

Have already sent CCa letter to 1st crudit,so will wait and see what happens,they will probably say debt gone back to barclaycard,if so should they remove their details from CRA,and have not heard from either party in a while,thanks.Steve

Yes, if the debt has been returned to sharklay card, which looks like it, then they have to remove the marker on your credit file, you simply cannot have more than one marker for the same debt.

Take a look through this link I got from the National Debtline

;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am guessing you already sent the 'account in dispute' letter?

As for the CRA, they are pretty much in the pockets of DCA's, I will never understand how they can apply a marker against a person when they only have half of the story?

Still, make a complaint to the CRA, as quite simply there has always been two sides to a story, and as they don't have your nor even had the decency to ask for it, wring their complaints procedure dry!:D

Boo;)

LFB, I had a similar problem with 1st Credit and CitiFinancial.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/211254-1st-credit-issuing-default.html

1st Credit said they would 'ask' Citi to remove their default. I also emailed Experian and asked them to do something about it.

The Citi default has now been removed from my file. Experian never replied to my email - nearly 2 weeks ago - so I don't know whether it was them or 1st Credit who prompted Citi into that action.

That unusual with Experian, you normally get an automated email !

You could get back intouch with Experian and ask them who removed default.

Experian have just emailed to say that they've checked the credit file and the Citi default has already been removed - which is correct, obviously.

It must have been 1st Credit then who contacted Citi. :eek:

Just an update regarding these entries on Experian, checked Experian today and the Barclaycard entry has now gone!

Only 1st Credits entry is now showing.

Well if it is down to the ICO getting involved, that was bloody quick !!!!!:)

A good result at last!:D

Hi,Bazooka, its really strange, i also complained about my wifes on the 8th ,and it went through my email,and they have taken my wifes off as well.

I only complained to Experian regarding my wifes, and the email automatically went through my email account and today her halifax account is now gone,strange hey