Barclays removed all my money one month ago-Need Help!!!

HateBar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have looked around this forum for a while. And I found similar situation happened before but they got it solved in relative shorter time. Any suggestion would be really appreciated.

I have banked with Barclays around 7 years. Around one month ago, Barclays made an unexplained transfer of all my money out of my savings and current accounts. At the same day, they issued a letter of giving me 30 days of notice of closing my account. (I knew it when I visited the branch and the staff told me they are separate issues- Really? I did not received this letter until one day after I visited the branch.)

I called them and visited them in person many times. I made them aware of the effect this is having on my life at the moment and the fact that I need the money to proceed with exchange of contracts for the purchase of a property, I am on the risk of being removed out of my apartment and four payment of four bills has failed as a direct result of this issue and the list will grow,etc….

They have told me that I have not been the victim of fraud and provided evidence that clearly shows all my money has been transferred to an internal account for a Barclays' Branch by Barclays Bank themselves. They told me they think my money has been incorrectly debited from my account. However, they will be unable to return the money back to me until they locate the funds.

I have not had access to my money that I depend on for everyday expenses for almost 1 month and my situation is becoming critical. FOS has fast tracked my case. It is almost one week.

When I first made a complaint, I got a letter which said they would hope to resolve this issue in four weeks (it is almost 4 weeks.) And next week, my account would be closed. I do not know if they will return my money to me before that date.

I really want to know if there is a way which can get it solved quickly. – Media? Police? …..?

Hi Hatebar,

We've had cases here before where money has been made inaccessible for no known reason causing terrible anguish to the customer.

Do you have any idea of how quickly the FOS are likely to produce some answers for you. They normally give the bank 8 weeks to respond but can maybe get faster results in special cases.

If the FOS cannot help quickly enough, I would make a complaint to the Group Chief Executive's (John Varley) office in writing.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Hatebar,

We've had cases here before where money has been made inaccessible for no known reason causing terrible anguish to the customer.

Do you have any idea of how quickly the FOS are likely to produce some answers for you. They normally give the bank 8 weeks to respond but can maybe get faster results in special cases.

If the FOS cannot help quickly enough, I would make a complaint to the Group Chief Executive's (John Varley) office in writing.

Firstly, Thanks for your suggestion.

FOS said my case has been fast tracked. They are waitting for response from Barclays. They can not give reasonable timeframe but would do more if it has not been resolved after 4 weeks. Another 3 WEEKS!!! I did not sleep well in past 4 weeks, always feel pressure, borrowed money from my cloest friend, can not focus on my work....Never ever had such a disaster.

By the way, my account would be closed next thrusday. I am concerned if it would make investigation more complicated.

I emailed John Varley on Thrusday and got a letter from CR Mgr who said they are unable to assist and FOS will contact me in due course. It seems they do not care. How ridiculous!

No idea where I am going to now. Wait?

Personally, I would be looking for repayment of any expenses caused by their actions plus some form of compensation for this.

After all it is the bank's cock-up.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi HB,

Keep a log of all expenses which this situation causes you.

I'm surprised at the unhelpful reply from JV's office and wonder if there are perhaps any other agencies involved, eg police, customs, etc. Or anti-money laundering checks.

Any of this ring a bell with you ?

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi HB,

Keep a log of all expenses which this situation causes you.

I'm surprised at the unhelpful reply from JV's office and wonder if there are perhaps any other agencies involved, eg police, customs, etc. Or anti-money laundering checks.

Any of this ring a bell with you ?

The staff in Barclays gave me various and similar explanations - all usefulless.

1. Operational issue

2. Operational mistake

3. Technical Problem

4. Incorrectly debitted from my account. They are trying to locate the fund but they would not return my money until they locate the fund.

I hoped that some one rang me and let me know what happened, but no one did it.

Hmmm,

Best thing is to keep pressure on them until you get some answers.

I'd go back to JV's office and say, "Can you please explain why you are either unable or unwilling to assist. If senior executives are unable to provide answers for customers when all else fails, it leaves one with little confidence in the bank's operations."