Housing officer bullying me!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Wondered if any one could help? Im getting really upset with my housing officer, were in council accomadation have been here for 2 yrs but just recently have had a our next door neihbour complaining to the council about parking!

I park my car in front of our garage but apparently im obstructing a path public right away,weve just received a letter about it now but its the way that this housing officer is going about it!

She stopped me in the middle of the road twice last week trying to talk about it but the conversation just gets hyrated! I told her i didn't want to talk in the middle of the street in view of my neihbours who complained and that she was upsetting my son,so i walked away and rang up the council and spoke to her boss and was told she would speak to her about it!

But today she was hand deliving these letters and posting them to all the residents in our road about parking but instead of just posting my letter like she was doing with everyone elses she knocked on my door and thought she would tell me to move my car and went on and on about parking i told her i didn't want to talk to her at the door, as she was being loud and aggressive which woke my son up and ended up shutting the door on her and left her outside shouting stuff out!

What can i do about this? It seems she can do what she likes? Its really upsetting me and my kids and i really fely angry today about it!

Becky

Keep a diary and try and write down what she say`s as soon as she leaves. Any meetings try and take a friend. Could record her but you`d probably have to tell her you were doin it (which might make her moderate her manner). Put everything in writing to her boss.She seems a bit over the top for a parking problem!

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!;)

• 8 months later...

Hi. I'm in a situation with my housing officer as well at the moment, and I'm at the stage where I'm making a serious complaint about her. I'm not sending it to the office where she is - she's the senior officer! I'm sending it to their head office, with a promise that if they don't deal with it, I'll be making the information public.

I got a LOT of information from Tim Fields website, www.bullyonline.org/workbully/index.htm . He was the leading expert on bullying until his unfortunate death a few years ago, but the site's still there. It focuses more on workplace bullying, but the information on bullies is relevant to all of those people who use their position to abuse the people they're dealing with.

The care, social and teaching sectors are absolutely rife with this kind of behaviour, and these people - this is well known - want to put themselves in a position where they're dealing with people in a vulnerable situation; your vulnerability is the need to keep a roof over your head. They know that tenants are afraid to speak out because they don't want to risk their home.

I would also say, buy yourself a cheap mp3 player, with a voice recorder on it, and record EVERYTHING. If you receive even a telephone call from them, have the recorder ready and record those too. These people are tricky - you'll see when you look at the site the kind of tactics they use, so you kind of have to let them do their bullying thing, but just make sure you have it on record.

Unfortunately bullying seems to be on the increase, but fight it, don't let her get away with it. Good luck, an pm me if you get stressed and just want to sound off about it. Lol!

You should never tolerate any innapropriate behaviour from a council employee. We are to maintain a professional attitude at all times even when the customer is upset/angry. But please also remember that things can go a lot better if you keep calm yourself, if you feel that you are getting angry just end the discussion.

put your complaint in writing to the housing manager at the council, thell them that you feel that you are being bullied and how they did it (include how they make you feel), and that you will not have any further discussions with this particular officer unless their is another officer from the department present.

Can you please give more information about the car parking - you are parking your car in front of your garage, is this a block of garages in a U shape or attached to your property. Are you parking on a footpath?,