You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

maxine989

CCA v CPR request. Which one to send?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4018 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I am i the process of looking at all my out of control debts and trying to get the DCA's off my back... I am in a situation where I can't meet the contractual payments anymore due to various financial circumstances and most of my creditors are hounding me to pay... some have agreed the £1.00 token payment thing, others are still writing and calling all of the time.

I am still trying to get the general jist of what I should do... and what I can expect to happen during this process.

But I am confused about the first few stages.

Am I right in thinking that to start the ball rolling I should request copy statements regarding the said accounts to see if they have been adding unlawful default charges?

And at the same time send a request for a copy of the original credit agreement?

What is the difference between applying for a CCR pursuant to section 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 or applying pursuant to the Civil Procedure Rules? Does it matter which template letter I use? I am a little confused... Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Moodle

golden rule

cca a dca £1 12+2 days

sar an oc £10 40 days

imho it matters not a lot which you use some say the cpr some say just the standard cca request

always send recorded and do not sign the requests

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

CPR request is free - but a creditor/DCA may ignore it or use the reasoning that they are not pursuing this through the courts at the moment.

Best bet is to CCA them :)

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Ok... thanks... I'll do CCA... then if I get no luck with obtaining the signature copy agreement, I'll send the CPR.

:-):)

Moodle