abi113 vs Halifax / is this CCA enforcible

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote to Halifax requesting a copy of my credit agreement. In their reply they claim to have sent me a copy of my executed agreement, current terms and conditions and a signed current statement.

What I actually appear to have been sent is a printed CCA which has my current address printed on the top (not the address I was at when the credit card was opened); current interest rates and current charges for outstanding payments (when I took the card out those charges were £25 each, this CCA says that they are £12). It also has a date at the bottom of the document which I think may have been when the document was created, it says T94R TEASER 01/10/08. This new CCA is not signed and is not on Halifax headed paper. It just seems that they have printed off a current CCA and sent me that instead of a copy of my original agreement.

In the cover letter it also says that 'by providing you with the documents attached to this letter, we have satisfied our obligation to provide a copy of the executed agreement under Section 78. As such the agreement you have with us is fully enforceable and we shall continue to treat it as such. We will not be entering into any further correspondence with you regarding the requirements relating to the provision of the copy agreement.'

I would like to know if I have recieved the correct documentation as they say I have, and if there is further correspondence that I can have with the Halifax re: my original CCA? Where do I stand with it?

Many thanks for your time

abi113

I am struggling to reply to Halifaxs response. Could anyone please help?

The document headed "Credit Card Agreement regukated by the consumer credit act 1974"

Firstly headed "Parties" with my name and address (my new one -not the one I got my credit card at intially)

It goes on to say it will let me know my credit limit .

Under the heading "other fiancial information" 3.1 states - total charge for credit is £188.72 consisting of £188.72 interest. This is based on credit of £1500 being borrowed at the start of the aggreement over one year at the standard interest rate for purchases set out in condition 3.2.

Under heading 4.1 It sayd it will charge £12.00 each month when a minimu payment remains outstanding. £12.00 each month if ou go over your credit limit etc - all my charges previously were £25 .

It has no signiture either though I don't believe that is required?

This looks like a new credit card agreement but i do not know how to word it in a reply. I am struggling to get my head round the CCAs .

Thanks in advance