You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4020 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

About ten years ago I used to make frequent journeys down to Three Bridges from London. Down on Friday night, back on Sunday night. When coming back, the station would not be manned, and the ticket machines never working. I would just get on the train. When/if the guard appeared,

I would say that I had come from Three Bridges, and pay for my ticket. If no guard appeared, and the window was open at Victoria, I'd pay for the ticket there. The guards would sometimes complain to me about other passengers always saying they'd got on the train at the previous station, which frequently I knew they hadn't, but I wasn't going to dob anyone in.

But reading through the threads here, the culture seems quite different nowdays. And I presume that even had the ticket machine been broken and no-one there, I'd probably be given penalty fares etc. rather than being able to just pay my ticket. Is this true?

with modern days technology, typically i think they are much more aware now when ticket machines are out of order etc, so p'haps be even less of an issue?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Inspectors know what facilities are working or not as they are all computerized and send a signal if they have errors.

Some inspectors also have the ability to live check machines by calling into the database to see what tickets have been sold.

The machines even store data of unsuccessful transactions.

Please also remember that they are aware if checks are taking place at other stations & if you say you go on at one of these stations without a ticket they will not issue a penalty fare, they will submit a report for prosecution.