Welcome finance not being completely honest?

Ian0579
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I haven't - I definitely remember signing the agreement for 36 months, although there's only one way to find out for sure!

No - nothing on the back - just a single sheet of paper

dont panic ian if i seem to be getting ahead of the game,

its just i know what replies welcome will give even before you have them,

you would think they would change the script by now

right

next step

phone direct group again, give them the policy number and ask them to send out the document again, this time with the t&c

remember

its a game with this lot, you just have to play along to begin with, position your forces, then pounce

Well here's an interesting response to my telephone harrasment letter (I can't scan at the moment but below is the entire contents of their letter):

"Thank you for bringing to our attention your issue regarding your personal loan agreement.

I have been trying to contact you to discuss your issues via telephone but have been unsuccessful.

Should you have any issues in sending me the above, please contact me on the number stated below."

Now I'm sure it's not just me, but I see 2 problems here:

1. The letter I sent was regarding telephone harassment and stating that ALL future correspondence should be in writing - why on earth would they try to telephone me about that!!

2. "Should you have any issues in sending me the above" - what above? from what I can see they haven't actually asked me to send anything?

I've complained to Welcome, but their replies were a joke. So, my complaint is now with the FOS.

keep me updated please

Got a final response letter from Welcome this morning with an offer. They "don't agree with my assertions, but as a gesture of good will are going to refund my PPI and Familycare policies". I'm assuming the Familycare is the Lifecare24 policy?

They haven't said anything about the fact that the insurance companies have said these policies don't exist. And I'm not happy with the amounts they are offering me, it's only half of what I was was expecting. The figures don't match the breakdown that the sales guy gave me. The premiums do, but the interest is wrong.

So, I'm going to see what the FOS say about this as they will have sent this letter to them as well.

Don't forget your not only entitled to the premiums + the interest they charged but you also entitled to charge them a reciprocal contractual interest for the time you were denied the funds. Calculate in the same way as you would bank charges

Well it's been 14 days since I sent the CCA and I haven't received anything yet. However according to the post office website they haven't received it yet (sent recorded).

Can anybody offer any advice as to the next steps?

Thanks

Here's another quick question - despite the telephone harassment letter being received by them over 3 weeks ago now they are still calling a couple of times a day (interestingly now it shows up as the main contact number for Welcome rather than the local office number - same person though)

Is there a certain letter I should send them?

call their bluff on the recorded delivery letter, either call them and ask where your CCA is or send in a letter of account being in dispute, they will respond quick enough on that or you could just send in a second letter by special delivery and restart the clock.

as for the phone calls send a full complaint in to the FOS with copies of all letters sent and recieved plus the log of calls you have received since the telephone harassment letter was sent. also explain why you contacted welcome in the first place, what got you concerned about your account....blah blah

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Well I've had my subject access request back with details of my current loan - I'm sure from the figures that I will be being charged interest on the acceptance fee (£75), but would somebody be about to take a look at it for me?

Some interesting notes on the telephone logs as well - calling 118 400 to try to get work numbers, looking at my work website address to try to get contact details etc!

I'll try to scan in documents this afternoon

• 3 weeks later...

Ian0579 Only if they already have a CCJ. Although (& I may be wrong) *I think under the new CCA 2006 they can go straight for an attachment as well as a charging order thanks to Noo Labour "the party of the working man" *This assumes yours is a relativley new agreement