Welcome finance not being completely honest?

Ian0579
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

This is a continuation from a previous thread...

I have a loan with Welcome which is currently one payment in arrears (for the first time in over 3 years of "business" with them)

I have received many, many telephone calls form them - most of which to my home number where they were told every single time that I work during office hours and would NEVER be in when they called that number - do you think that stopped them!

More recently they have tried more sneaky tactics - the usual phoning and acting as if they are a friend (I actually answered one of these calls by mistake and quite abruptly told him that he could call me Mr. X not by my first name) I was suprised by a text message that a received from the same person claiming to be some sort of long lost friend trying to get back in touch.

In the last couple of days I have had 2 voicemail messages stating that I am now being charged £25 per day "as per the terms of my agreement" until I clear the arrears

Does anybody know if the above is even legal - surely a company cannot threaten you with false information, or try to mislead you into thinking that they are somebody they're not?

Thanks for any input

send to

welcome financial services

compliance

ruddington fields biz park

ruddington

nottingham

ng11 6nz

send recorded

i would do it quick

welcome will prob not be around much longer

Harassment by telephone

Account Number: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Excellent - I'll get that in the post first thing tomorrow morning - thanks!!

I feel sorry for whoever takes over the welcome accounts if (or more likely when!) they do disappear - how long do you think it will take them to sort through all the paperwork!!

ive been cagbooted meny times for my comments on welcome

sit back and start giving them hell

meny of us will guide you where welcome are concerned

no mercy

no pity

no quarter given

Just a quick one - if I send a Subject Access Request do I need to send any sort of payment with it (I've seen a couple of people mention this)?

Thanks

Im having big probs with welcome at the mo as well :eek:

I think the minimum fee for an SAR is £10 mate, thats what i was advised to send.

Good luck with welcome hope you stick **** into them mate.

This is a copy of a SAR letter one of the guys on here posted for me mate hope it helps.

this is what you should send, with a £10 postal order by recorded or special delivery, do NOT sign your letter just print your name. also thy have 40 days from arrival to comply with your request. Good Luck

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

Please supply me with all data that you hold on me. This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following:-

1. The original signed, executed credit agreement/s and any terms and conditions that applied to the account/s at the time of default and at the time the account/s was/were opened.

2. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account formerly held with ORIGINAL CREDITOR. - delete or add this depending on whether you are sending this to the original creditor/or a debt collection agency

3. True copies of any notice of assignment and default notices or enforcement notice that you/or name of the original creditor sent me, with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

4. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account/s, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date/s they were/ it was added and deleted. (if applicable).

5. Details of any collection charges added to the account/s; specifically, the date they were/it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was/charges were calculated, and what the charge covers/charges cover.

6. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account/these accounts and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

7. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

8. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

9. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement/s.

10.Termination notices

PLEASE NOTE that unless otherwise stated by yourselves and if the above documents are NOT provided, it will be CONFIRMED that you are unable to reproduce/provide in any way shape or form any copies of the above requested documents. You are reminded that you have a duty to inform me if you do not have the above documents. This is confirmed in High Court Law - Ezsias v Welsh Ministers - [2007] All ER (D) 65 (Dec)

You are reminded that you are obliged to supply all the above documents in line with the Information Commissioners Technical Guidance update (Dated August 2007)

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

give these cretins a call

if you had any ppi

insurance etc

get them to send you all the details

policy docs etc

Direct Group - Where Insurance and Innovation Combine - Home Page

Everyone with a Welcome loan should do this. I've never actually received any policy documents, just a leaflet. So, I gave both Direct Gropup and Norwich Union/Aviva/whatever they want to be called a call and both say there's no record of me ever having any type of insurance with them. The guy thought maybe I'd changed addresses or my DOB was wrong, but nope, nothing at all. I explained that the policies were done thropugh Welcome and he said to give them a call, see what's happened as yes it should have been with them. I just laughed at this suggestion!!

I have been paying for PPI and a life insurance policy which should still have another year left!! So I'm paying for something that's never existed!!

lou

this is creative accounting by welcome again

want your money back

just say the word

I've complained to Welcome, but their replies were a joke. So, my complaint is now with the FOS.

I think it's a disgrace that they've been doing this. And to how many people? :mad:

I’m going to classify my letters to Welcome, DCA’s & their responses et’al as follows

D Dumb

DD Dumber

DS Dumb AND stupid

DDS Dumber AND Stupid

DSR Dumb AND Stupider

DDSR Dumber AND Stupider

DC Dumb AND a Cretin

DDC Dumber AND a Cretin

DCGG or B Dumb AND Can’t get Girls or Boys

DDGG or B Dumber AND Can’t Get Girls or Boys

Anyone feel free to add you suggestions

OK, thanks post.

CCA and SAR have been sent, so we'll wait and see what comes back as a result. Also - my PPI documents are due to arrive with me tomorrow, is there anything I should do with them?