Wescot failed to send CCA - what now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wrote to Wescot requesting a copy of CCA with £1 fee. Waited the 12 + 2 days for a reply. One letter arrived saying they were contacting their client and would be back in contact in due course. In the mean time the 12 + 2 expired so i sent them a 'default' letter which they would have received yesterday. Received another letter from them today which enclosed my fee and a letter saying:

' further to your recent correspndence regarding the above account.

Our Client has requeted you write tohe following address and state in your cvering letter that this is a section 77/78 request ad enclose a cheque or postal order for £1.00 payable to the client.

CCA REQUESTS

CARD CUSTOMER SERVICES

PO BOX 5747

SOUTHEND ON SEA

For further request enclose £10.00 made payable to the client and they will process these request direct.

Thank you

blah blah blah

So where do i go from here? do i contact RBS now requesting the cca or write a third letter to Wescot as they have been collecting money off me for some time so surely they would have a copy of the CCA at their disposal?

And I dont understand why they are asking me to send £10 for 'further requests' ????

As I say i have defaulted them and made them aware payments will stop until a CCA is produced.Right or wrong??

Please help!!

So where do i go from here? do i contact RBS now requesting the cca or write a third letter to Wescot as they have been collecting money off me for some time so surely they would have a copy of the CCA at their disposal?

No it is their responsibilty under CCA 1974 to provide you with a copy of your agreement.

They have failed to do so & you have sent the 'In Dispute' letter, so until such time they or someone else makes contact you don't have to do anything.

Well that's what I thought.

It's seems a cheek that they-wescot- are taking money off me with having a copy of the CCA.

Do you think if I leave it I might get myself in bother, maybe I should write them a letter reminding them that they have been taking money off me so they should prove there is a debt?

I've just seen the MBNA thread where someone lost where they had an unenforceable agreement but the judge STILL awarded in favour if MBNA.

so starting to worry a little...!

there are far more threads where the cagger did not lose

you are on solid groound- all the time you do not have the cca they are in default and you pay nothing to them

it is THEIR responsibility to supply you with the cca

the 10 quid is referrriing to a sar request but you do not need to do that right now

just post any further letters on here and you will be helped

do NOT phone them no matter how compelling a reason they may give

ok

on some accounts i have where ive CCA'd them, they have sent me a bill for the full amount - but no CCA!! its a bit like 'you do that to us, we'l do this to you!'. most recently Black Horse.AND they sent a DN!

ok

on some accounts i have where ive CCA'd them, they have sent me a bill for the full amount - but no CCA!! its a bit like 'you do that to us, we'l do this to you!'. most recently Black Horse.AND they sent a DN!

this is most unusual, you need to post these "bills" or letters up for us to see

I don't think it's unusual - it's a tactic quite a few use, somewhat akin to the 'we do not have an agreement but here's a statement that shows you used the card' drivel.

thanks, surely then a demand to claim the s87 rights without a DN?

Have had exactly the same letter off Wescot today with my £1 postal order returned as well...was wondering what to do next!.......think I will send it back to them and remind them it is their responsibility to comply with the cca request and add that if they do not think it is, that they should refund all payments I have made to them on this alleged debt!

Have had exactly the same letter off Wescot today with my £1 postal order returned as well...was wondering what to do next!.......think I will send it back to them and remind them it is their responsibility to comply with the cca request and add that if they do not think it is, that they should refund all payments I have made to them on this alleged debt!

dear sirs

Thank you for your letter of xxxxxxxx

I return the one pound fee (for the last time) and point out that it is YOUR responsibilty to obtain these documents not mine.

If you do not understand this concept please confirm this by return of post so that i can advise the appropriate authorities that you appear to be no longer conversant with the requirements of your licence to operate

y f