get a mobile phone contract with bad credit?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I really want to upgrade from my payg phone to a pay monthly contract but i have bad credit history from my student days...:rolleyes: Does anyknow whch companies can provide a contract to people with bad credit?

Thread moved to appropriate Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

ok ive been doing some research and apparently sim card only contracts are the easiest to be approved for - does anyone know if this is true? Found the info at this site (please remove the link, if im not allowed to post!)

I Have 2 mobiles on contract one on 3 and one on t-mobile, both decent handsets and I have bad credit and they were approved but it depends whether you have a debit card or not.

Think the main thing is if you are on the electrol roll or not. I've got bad credit and the first time they wouldn't clear me due to not being on the electrol roll, signed up and got the contract fine.

I have to ask why. The only reason for going with a contract is to get a subsidised handset, which you'll be paying for over the next 18 months whilst committing to their service. For the last 7 years I have bought my (new) handsets on eBay, and used PAYG SIMS with deals that actually worked out better than deals with notional 'inclusive' minutes. Since 80% of users don't even make a dent in their inclusive minutes allocation, this is a very lucrative ploy for networks that is now being seen for the bad value it really is.

• Haha 1

frdsmth9 I've worked for a couple of mobile phone companies, and they credit check you for the cost of the contract, so a "Sim Only" £10 per month deal will be easier to get than a £45 per month. Plus the "Sim Only" are generally on a 30 day rolling contract.

Something you should be aware of is most handsets are locked to their current network, so an o2 PAYG phone can only use and o2 sim card, with this small exception... my phone is on the tesco network, this is just a re-branded o2 phone, so I can use a tesco or o2 sim card. Asda is vodaphone, and Virgin Mobile is T-Mobile so check the best sim only deal and then check the relevent stores for the best price on handset if you need to buy a new one.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar