Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Alright guys


Just had a little knock on the door from a baliff from Equita.


Lovely fellow he was.


He claimed i owe £304 to the council. Absolute rubbish. I owe the council £77. When i got letters off equita they had put £42.50 on top of this to make the bill £119.50. I know they can't charge for writing me a letter so in my opinion i still owe £77.


What made me laugh though was when the baliff said i owe £304 so he was trying to charge me £185 for his services. He looked a bit shocked when i told him to **** off.


I think they just expect you to lie down and take it but i know certain rights since finding this site.


My question now would be is he entitled to charge me the £24.50 because he never actually give me anything or put anything in my letter box to say he had been. Either way though he won't get it. He's got more chance of seeing me applying for a job at Equita than him getting any money out of me.:lol:










Link to post
Share on other sites

just pay the council direct via internet banking.. end of problem



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will pay the council but i'm in no position to do this now. Have recently been made redundant and am now on JSA.


Will pay them when i have it but feeding my kids is my priority, not feeding those horrible fat cats.


Do you think he will come back with someone else or do you think he's realised he won't get a penny out of me and hand it back to the council.


Just want to be prepared that's all.










Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was you I would write to the council by recorded delivery to apply to have the outstanding council tax deducted directly from your Income Support/Job seekers Allowance under the following regulation:


The Council Tax (Deductions from Income Support) Regulations 1993.


Deductions can be made straight from your benefit at a rate of £4.55 for a couple £2.90 if you are single.

I would also send this letter recorded delivery to the bailiff, its taken from the wiki.

To: Bailiff Company


Dear Sirs,

Re: Account reference.

I refer to your letter dated (enter date) informing me that your company have been instructed by (enter local authority) to enforce a warrant/liability order etc against me, in respect of arrears of council tax.

In your letter you state that you will be visiting/returning to my home to (seize/auction etc my goods.) unless full payment of (enter amount) is made by return.

The purpose of this letter is to advise your company that I am in receipt of (income support/jobseekers allowance) and am enclosing as proof, a copy of (payment book/letter from benefits agency.)

I am informed that deductions can be made directly from my benefits to pay my arrears of council tax. This is provided for in the Council Tax (Deductions from Income Support) Regulations 1993.

For this reason, I would like to request that this account be referred back to (local authority) (local authority) so that the relevant forms can be completed.

I am also aware that once deductions are in place, Regulation 52 of The Council Tax (Administration & Enforcement) Regulations 1992 expressly forbids any enforcement action.

As I have now made you aware of (my/our) circumstances, and provided proof, if your company continues with enforcement action, I will consider making a formal complaint about the bailiff’s conduct to the County Court

Could you please confirm safe receipt of this letter, a copy of which is being sent to my local arecordeduthority.


Yours Faithfully.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that scatz but to be honest i haven't once acknowledged any of the letters from Equita. I would feel a lot better if they just sent it back themselves. It would be like a moral victory for me.


Obviously though if you think this is the wrong thing to do i will take your advice but i must add that the baliff has already been round and got absolutly no where with me. I am in the mindset that they will just pass it back to the council now anyway.


They know they won't get a penny out of me!!


Still if you think i am wrong i won't take any offence for saying so as everyones advice on here is out of their best interests.


Thanks again Andy










Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Andy for not letting them get the better of you I would have loved to have seen his face


Send the letter to council and bailiffs they Don't always pass it back they may continue to harrass you

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks alot ambershadow. Will send the letter then:(. Don't really want to but i suppose it's for the best. Thanks for all your advice guys and long may we continue to CAG!!!!!!!!!










Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...