Phonesurgeon vs CapQuest/ HL Legal - vodafone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys and girls advice needed.

Long story short: September 2008 got contract phone with vodafone(18 months), february 2009 got made redundant.

Couldn't afford to pay, tried as much as possible.

Vodafone rescinded my contract early and added the 12+ months of line rental due. total debt $448.32

Debt passes to Capquest that write to me in no uncertain terms... you must pay it back and all the rest... debt is now 515.46.

I send a letter back saying that i am unemployed and on JSA and offering a token payment of £5 per month. No reply to that letter.

Today HL Legal writes to me, saying they want the full blance by 17th july or court actions, adding £55 for court cost and £70 solicitor cost.

Can you please advice on what to do next? thanks.

Hi guys and girls advice needed.

Long story short: September 2008 got contract phone with vodafone(18 months), february 2009 got made redundant.

Couldn't afford to pay, tried as much as possible.

Vodafone rescinded my contract early and added the 12+ months of line rental due. total debt $448.32

Debt passes to Capquest that write to me in no uncertain terms... you must pay it back and all the rest... debt is now 515.46. Since you have no contract with Capquest why have they addedd charges to your account?

I send a letter back saying that i am unemployed and on JSA and offering a token payment of £5 per month. No reply to that letter.

Today HL Legal writes to me, saying they want the full blance by 17th july or court actions, adding £55 for court cost and £70 solicitor cost. Only the judge can apply costs to a debt and they aren't the judge so I would think they are being a little ahead of themselves

Can you please advice on what to do next? thanks.

Since tha greement is only a couple of months old, they are well within their rights to expect payment, however if you cannot pay then you cannot pay.

The very worst case scenario is that they take you to court, obtain a CCJ against you and the judge makes you pay what you can reasonably afford and since you are on JSA I would think that it would be equal to or less than the £5 a month that you are offering.

I would be requesting from Capquest written clarification of exactly what charges they have applied to the account and then under what terms and condition do they regard this as lawful. if there is no stipulation in your original agreement with your telephone company stating that such charges are allowed then they are stuffed as the amount they are demanding is incorrect :D

You don't have a contract with Capquest, such charges should be applied to their client, not to you

Sear Sir/Madam

Re Account: xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx the contents of which have been noted.

I have recently looked at the documentation of this account and note that since you took over the management of this account the balance has increased from £448.32 to a new balance of £515.46, an increase of £67.14.

I would be most grateful if you could provide an explanation of what this amount represents and also why you have applied it to this account without an agreement specifically allowing such a charge to be made.

I trust you will act with diligence on this matter

Yours etc

edit as appropriate and ensure you send it off recorded.

Cheers

Ronnie

• Haha 1

• 4 years later...

Ok long time member not posted in the last few years due to ill healt...

On 6th july (my bday of all days) i ve received the paperwork from the northampton bulk centre... relating to a debt with vodafone.

The amount that capquest chased me for was £380... but on the court papers the original amount claimed is 299.99(?).

And the bulk centre in northampton confirmed the claim number.

I can't remember exactly the dates... but i think this could be either SB or close by...

Anyway is there anyone that can help file a defence?

Hi Phonesurgeon,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If you'd like me to get matters looked into could you email me with the details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

You have another thread where you say that you offered them £5 per month but they refused to accept that

Did you get letters of assignment for this?

The amounts don't match your previous thread. In any event, the bills will probably include times when they are making charges but failing to provide the service (after the termination of contract or when you didn't pay bills) so you might have a defense.

Did you receive any notification that this was about to kick off?

To avoid a default judgement you will have to reply to the court (online) by the date given