Why so many teenage girls being arrested?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Honestly? Teenage girls pinch the make-up and beauty products! Not all teenage girls of course, by any means, but that's what I reckon!

Aren't there as many boys wearing makeup now as girls :)

Boots makeup is very nickable.Young girls give in to peer pressure.

Some Security staff are female,so the "sexist" bit doesn't apply!

This isn't the biggest shoplifting group though-I think it's males 18-35.

Edited by shanty

Why do the cases listed here so often involve teenage girls?

Most of the cases RLP appear to become involved with involve petty pilfering or tampering with low-priced goods that are often recovered. The kind of incident likely to involve immature young girls (or youths). RLP's business model is predicated upon claiming disproportionate 'damages' from the occasional alleged miscreant, not prolific career criminals.

I suspect that RLP do not bother with professional shoplifters - the ones who steal high value goods in quantity and who operate in well organised groups. RLP will know that these people are often not caught; that the goods will be fenced very quickly, and that professional criminals are rarely deterred by sanctions imposed by the courts, and so RLP's silly demands are likely to fall on deaf ears.

How wrong you are.Girls are worse than boys.
*I'm* not wrong, your average security guard is. I don't think feminist enlightenment ranks highly on the qualities required to be employed by RLP, and so the good ol' stereotypes should be firmly in place. I therefore stand by what I said, which as before is qualified by a "maybe". Since we were in the range of suppositions, it wasn't exactly a stretch of imagination to think that Mr Monobrow finalist of 2008 sees a girl trying on a lipstick and a guy nicking a pair of trainers and goes for the girl. ;-)

Most of the cases RLP appear to become involved with involve petty pilfering or tampering with low-priced goods that are often recovered. The kind of incident likely to involve immature young girls (or youths). RLP's business model is predicated upon claiming disproportionate 'damages' from the occasional alleged miscreant, not prolific career criminals.

I suspect that RLP do not bother with professional shoplifters - the ones who steal high value goods in quantity and who operate in well organised groups. RLP will know that these people are often not caught; that the goods will be fenced very quickly, and that professional criminals are rarely deterred by sanctions imposed by the courts, and so RLP's silly demands are likely to fall on deaf ears.

Spot on SP RLP & their clients see this as a simple revenue stream It's got less to do with fighting crime than anything I know If it was truly about fighting crime there would be large unequivocal easily understood notices all over the stores rather than some obscure reference to "this store operates a policy of civil recovery" What on earth does that mean to the ordinary consumer I'll tell you nothing zilch & nor is it meant to because if many ordinary consumers understood the lengths these firms are prepared to go to to punish people for the slightest mistake, such as checking the contents of a box, they probably wouldn't shop there again

The sooner RLP & it's ilk are no more the better

*I'm* not wrong, your average security guard is. I don't think feminist enlightenment ranks highly on the qualities required to be employed by RLP, and so the good ol' stereotypes should be firmly in place. I therefore stand by what I said, which as before is qualified by a "maybe". Since we were in the range of suppositions, it wasn't exactly a stretch of imagination to think that Mr Monobrow finalist of 2008 sees a girl trying on a lipstick and a guy nicking a pair of trainers and goes for the girl. ;-)

Oh dear....these type of comments really do the reputation of this site no favours.

No doubt you have evidence to back up your last ludicrous sentence.

What, about male/female stereotypes? Yes, volumes as it goes. :-?

PS: I don't see how my personal opinion does anything for or against the reputation of this site. If in doubt, check my signature. ;-)

Bookie has produced evidence that security guards would rather get a female for a lipstick rather than a male for trainers?Yes i would like to see that evidence on any board,please provide.Ludicrous.

I'm on this with Booky far to many bad apples work in 'se cu rity' Many are just bullies with small thingy's trying to impress those around them by terrifying people - In fact many of these types find work as debt collectors I wonder why - erm no I don't

I am sure there are plenty of bullies with "small thingies" attempting to work in the law too,and many other occupations ,no doubt.

There is a simple reason why so many teenage girls get arrested, it's because teenage girls are the most prolific shoplifters! This comes from my own experience, but I am sure there will be some statistics to back this up. I believe that males steal higher value items, generally, but I suppose it depends on the business and what they actually sell. I do not believe that any security guard will choose one thief over another to catch, he would be likely to get assistance and catch both if they were simultaneous incidents.

I would have thought a 35 year old bloke determined to enhance his make up collection for free, would be more inclined to nick a Range Rover and ram raid the local Boots, along with any store detective who was foolish enough to get in the way...:rolleyes:

Funny you should say that, on saturday, a foreign national male, 30 - 35 yrs old, came into the store where I work, and tried to steal £35.28 worth of make-up! It was mostly mascara, so maybe he wanted to get in touch with his feminine side :roll:. He claimed not to understand english, but produced the concealed items when he heard the word "police". He was lucky, no police called and no civil recovery notice, just verbally banned.:)