You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mr.ton

Are credit files/ratings illegal?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4024 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Everyone just accepts credit files/ratings for what they are and never bothers to challenge them.

We live our lives by them, what info is on them & even live in fear of the adverse info on them etc..

Now correct me if im wrong? - but the only people that can hold info about the individual is the government/courts??

Credit reference agencies are simply private companies - what even gives them the right in the 1st place to have any information about us whatsoever?

Surely if someone was to challenge this (maybe from a human rights perspective?) - it would really put the cat amongst the pigeons and have huge implications for the CRA industry as a whole :cool:

My main bug-bear with the whole thing is that I have never signed a D.P.A with the CRA's - therefore how can they share my info with anyone???

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

I believe the whole CRA industry would explode so to speak, if people were to challenge the whole legal basis of it ;)

interesting observation, I know I never gave these firms my permission to hold data on me, I wonder if I demanded that they remove all info regarding me they would have to comply?

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

I'm sure people have sent s10 requests to them. Their excuse seems to be that they are "allowed" to share information - although where the legislation is that states this is anybody's guess.

Also, I guess they would use the reasoning that you agreed to the CRA's holding data on any credit agreement you may have signed. When these agreements turn out to be non-existent, the how can they justify still sharing your information?

It makes me angry because your whole life does become ruled by your credit rating - my job for example.......if I was EVER to go bankrupt or have severe debts, then I could lose my job (or be unable to find a new one in any case).

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

there is no legislation,AFAIK

it just hasn't been properly challenged yet,although I think Finlander may have been trying that,but he hasn't been around in a while

It is about time it was challenge, as the data CRA's hold on people is not always correct. CRA’s let spurious DCA’s companies into your personal data to crawl all over it without any of the necessary documents that is required because they have signed up as their customers and they are not question about it, and we joe public has to suffer the consequences of it.

Wonder will any the MP's Ministers or other with grandees titles ever have their names on CRA file and we all know what they have been up to recently.....:mad:

but some of them might have their names attached to CRA's and DCA's in the form of directorships.....

explains a lot,doesn't it?

If a number of us were to contact the main agencies themselves & the relevant authorities....now that would be interesting ;)

Maybe a partition to No 10 and get hundreds of signature to get rid of them why are there so many of them surely one would be suffice for this purpose.

See that John Prescott has been moaning about his phone being hacked into why would anyone want to hack into his phone is beyond me....Him that was telling us to pull our belts in when his wife was out shopping with our money and he had his head down the toilet brining up the food that we paid £4k a year for.....

Maybe he would have something to complain about if he had to put up with all the calls that the poor people on CAG have to deal with from parasites DCA's.

Sorry about the rant but it makes my blood boil. :mad: