Advice please - Threatened by Creditor with Bankruptcy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

It's in the region of £9k.It was 2 charge cards.

Background:

Several years ago the Business i co-own suffered a massive loss after one of our clients failed to pay for work we had done to our cost, and they then became Insolvent. We're still waiting to see if their OR will pay us anything, but it's looking extremely unlikely.

As a Director, I had to take a massive pay cut to keep our business afloat, and keep our staff on. Unfortunatly this had a massive effect on my personal finances, and my salary has never increased.

They threatened me with a Charging Order (I already had one registered by HFC at that time, for £3k and HFC have never taken any further action).

My wife today did a Land Registry Title register search, the following appears:

(04.08.2006) Equitable charge created by Interim Charging order of

the Brighton County Court dated 5 June 2006 in favour of American

Express Services Europe Limited.

NOTE: Copy filed.

So it appears that they never got a Final Charging order as 'REGISTERED CHARGE' is not shown as it is for HFC.

Generally properties where i live are selling less than my current outstanding mortgage, so i most likely in Negative Equity.

Admittedly I buried my head in the sand in the past, but after finding this site at gone midnight yesterday, i've spent several hours last night trawling through posts.

I've sent by next day delivery a CCA & SAR to Amex after having read the Amex board.

Any advice greatly received, as this Process Server's letter stated he'd be back at 9am to serve the Statutory Demand this Saturday.

Is a CCA/SAR considered a dispute? can they continue enforcement action if it is considered as such?

Many thanks