Action for the business i had sold

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Had a business which i had sold in 2006. The business was sodl as a goinmg concern with the building. I few weeks ago i got a letter from a solicitor stating that i had owed them some money for some uunpaid invoices. I contacted the solicitor and advised them i had sold the property and the business. He asked for some proof, which i sent. I herd noting for a month or so, but then got a bailiff letter.

Please advise how do i appeal and what do i do.

You should have had a court summons and lost if bailiffs are involved.

What does this bailiff letter say, who are the bailiffs?

Was it a 'Ltd' company?

Because of the timescale you quote, this sounds very suspicious to me.

There was no summons, i recived, i contact the court they said that it had been issued to the property i had sold. The bailifs are from teh court office. I ve to contact the solitors, but the reply i get is that i need to put in wrting and do not hear anything back.

So the courts say the summons has been issued to the address of the business?

You really need to give some more details.

Did you retain these solicitors?

What were the invoices for?

Was the business a Limited Company?

Edited by Conniff

The court said that summons had been issued to the property i had sold, I asked them why the bailik letter was sent to my personal address, which i have lived in since 2004.

I have asked the courts for copy and left a message with teh court bailiff. The solicitors are based in london. I have wrtten them once when i got the intial letter regarding this event, that i had sold the property to a Mr 'x' and the business had been sold also, as the whole property hwad been sold as a going concern.

I have gcontacted the solitors who have acted for me in this transaction and they will provide confirmation that they had acted for me and that the business had been sold to the mr X.

The amount claimed for is teh sale of polish foods from a company which is also based in london. I have contacted them and they have advised that i had previously paid them by cheque from baclays. i have contacted barclays and asked if i have a business account and they have said yes, they are investigating that someone is using my name.#

The solicitors that are chasing the debt are really not helping. I have given as much proof of the sale, but they still will not listen?

The proof i have gevin to them is Sale agreement from the sale, solicitors letters, mortgage papers to confim who the new sallers, confirmation completion of sale.

Not a ltd company.

Edited by Gus011
adding

You will have to get the judgement set aside to give you a proper amount of time to get this settled.

If you have used the telephone to contact anyone, don't do that any more. Only send letters and send them recorded delivery as this is too important to send by ordinary first class mail.

Did the solicitors send you a copy of this invoice that is supposed to be outstanding? Is the date of this invoice after you sold the business?

Have you not been receiving statements from Barclays for your business account?

I have asked them for the copy of the invoice which is relates to but i have not recived it. they told me on the telephone that it was from june 2008 untill oct 2008.

No bank statements from barclays, regarding this account all my other statements come. The chap at barclays said that they will look into were the statements and other items are being sent to.