You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

tandlehill

Next Directory - Same Old, Same Old?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3909 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have recently CCA'd Next directory to check for any enforceable agreement as I don't recall signing up for an account with them.

I received a response on Monday with the usual standard computer generated letter (complete with electronic signature) and a pretty poor photocopy of what I think is their current Terms & Conditions.

The letter also states that I have previously had copies of the agreement (I haven't) and therefore they don't need to send me another copy :confused:? Now irrespective of whether or not I actually had a copy previously of the alleged agreement my understanding of the CCA is that they are still required to produce the documentation I have requested (interestingly they have obviously used the £1 Postal Order which means I have a very expensive photocopy of something irrelevant:mad:).

I am now finishing my Account in Dispute letter and am intending to send this to Next this week reminding them of the 30 day window before they commit a criminal offence (or not?) as they have failed to comply with my request.

Any advice or ideas before I take this action or is the general consensus that this is appropriate action by me??

Thanks in anticipation.

That doesn't sound like an acceptable response to a CCA request.

You could always put their back up by doing a SAR in addition to your dispute letter;)

I am now finishing my Account in Dispute letter and am intending to send this to Next this week reminding them of the 30 day window before they commit a criminal offence (or not?) as they have failed to comply with my request.

The 30 days does not exist anymore and it is no longer a criminal offence. They have the standard 12+2 working days to produce a valid CCA - after that they are in default of your request and you can dispute it (and make no further payments)

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Dispute letter sent today (recorded delivery of course!!); wait for their response now, although I'm expecting similar to threads I've been reading.

Will post updates as they arrive.

Well, What a surprise!! Next have instructed Moorcroft to act on their behalf to recover the alleged debt.

Took great pleasure in sending them an e-mail response pointing out the error of their ways and that I was submitting a formal complaint regarding their conduct as the account is in dispute......seems to have gone very quiet since.

Wait for the next (pardon the pun!) fool to go down that rocky road.

Haven't heard anything now since the last post (although that could change just as quick) and I am now wondering about contacting the credit reference agencies to instruct them to remove the details from my file.

Is this wise and should I just use the template letter or is there anything additional I need to do?

Thanks people!!