You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

stuscfc

Info from Consumer Direct after complaint made

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4024 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

made a complaint today about 2 DCAs NCO and Capquest.

Firstly NCO sent a post card to us a few days ago and then a phone call but no letters from anyone about assignment of any debt for these to contact us. So i complained to Consumer direct today they stated that as long as there is no reference to the debt on the post card or that the company is a debt collector then it is ok for them to send out these cards.

Secondly Capquest.Have had a few calls from them 3 in 1 day fishing for info about my wife.As she wasnt in asking if she was in work and any othere number she could be contacted on.It goes without saying i didnt give them any info as i know who im dealing with but these came before we got the assignment letter form the creditor and no letters from Capquest at all.So the Consumer direct have logged it as it could be deamed as harresment and to let them know if it continues.

I have also contacted the OFT and complained about this aswell.So everyone plz complain about anything you feel not to be right and hopefully better regulation will be brought in.

Just had another fishing call so was polite and put the phone down and contacted Consumer direct.They said if there is a debt there then they can phone but also depends on how amny times for it to be deamed harrasement.They gave me the information commisioners office number to ask them what is ok or not.

Contacted the Information Comissioners office and asked them what they can ask.They stated as long as they dont give info about the debt then they can ask for other info like contact numbers.There advice is basicaly as said on here tell them to converse via letter as there is a paper trail then.

So my question is now as the debt was taken out early last year just before she lost here job nd no ppi involved can i cca them as not sure what the new rules are to do with cca after april last year and the ammendments.