You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

future_81

How do I deal with an apparent contradiction?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4022 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

If I were defending a claim brought by a debt collection agency on the grounds of unenforceability, how does one respond to the Claimant's statement that reads:-

"On the #### (date) the Defendant opened a xxxx Credit Card account number ## ## ##...."

Do I admit that I opened the account? I ask because of the apparent admission, and then arguing the case on separate grounds of "unenforceability". Can anyone help please?

Exactly how you put it depends on the facts...

If, for example you signed an application form which did not contain the prescribed terms you would admit that you applied for say a credit card and that in consequence of that application a card was issued. You'd admit that there was an agreement in existence but you'd deny that it was reduced to writing or if it was reduced to writing you would deny that it was enforceable in consequence of...whatever the issue is.

You reallly need to post the CCA so that we can help draft a proper defence - posting the whole particulars of claim would also help - along with the Default Notice

Do you know exactly what the sum claimed is made up of - are there account charges...

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister