Is it safe to put a signature on a statute barred letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If they have contacted you at an address, and you are replying from that address, don't sign. They have accepted you are who you say you are by writing to you in the first place.

Those of us who are a wee bit paranoid would be worried about a DCA knocking up some sort of acknowledgement in the Limitation Period if they had your signature handy.;)

I would personally NEVER sign any letter sent to any DCA!!!!

In theory, if a DCA had a signed letter of acknowledgement from you within the last 6 years a debt would not be statute barred......... You can see where I'm going with this, can't you? ;)

UF

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

I would even be wary of using that attached, I personally could extract a signature signed over that using photo shop, and if i can do it i am sure some "artist" working for a DCA could do the same.

Go onto Google images and type in your name followed by signature and you'll be surprised what turns up, use one of them suitably changed i do and it looks very real ;)

Which DCA can you name that has fraudulentley provided evidence to a debtor or court?

There is none!

Well at least, none recorded:D

There are a thousand and one things I can do on photo shop, all of them would lead me to serving time at her Majestys pleasure if I ever made them public. In fact I don't even need to use photoshop to fabricate a signature, the advice given is just sound solid advice that is another tool in the Caggers toolbox, failing to provide a signature is just another stalling tactic OC's and DCA's like to use.

That attached is (hopefully) soon to be avilable to use for any Cagger (for a nominal fee) that wishes too.

The guidance given by those who use CAG is that you always communicate in writing, never speak to DCA's. always send letters via recorded delivery, and never sign, but always print your signature...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Which DCA can you name that has fraudulentley provided evidence to a debtor or court?

There is none!

Well at least, none recorded:D

There are a thousand and one things I can do on photo shop, all of them would lead me to serving time at her Majestys pleasure if I ever made them public. In fact I don't even need to use photoshop to fabricate a signature, the advice given is just sound solid advice that is another tool in the Caggers toolbox, failing to provide a signature is just another stalling tactic OC's and DCA's like to use.

That attached is (hopefully) soon to be avilable to use for any Cagger (for a nominal fee) that wishes too.

The guidance given by those who use CAG is that you always communicate in writing, never speak to DCA's. always send letters via recorded delivery, and never sign, but always print your signature...

or the cheaper and easier way is to include an extra letter (say a middle name iniitial or just add one at random) to your normal signature so it looks the same

aleternative you could remove a letter and the signature will not look too different

IF you get that signature back on a document you will then have proof positive that is has been lifted and copied

IMO the chances of even a dca doing this are about the same as me getting katherine jenkins and nigella lawson in bed with me at the same time!!

failing to provide a signature is just another stalling tactic OC's and DCA's like to use.

Seen that happen a lot. Cag has ready replies to most of them.

If you know it is statute barred and have not signed the letter, motives for sending further letters to you become more questionable as to why they need a signature or further reply.

Personally I would not even waste the time telling them what they already know, up to them to realise you know too.