Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • look up on land registry who owns the property then get in contact with your local environmental heath dept.   dx  
    • Hello all,   I have recently moved into a new property. The bedroom window is facing a bunch of commercial crates which have trash on top of them. The trash is maybe two metres away from the window, making it impossible for the window to be open (I am also afraid of rats being there).   The other windows of the property are facing a communal, enclosed area, which is making it difficult for the property to be properly ventilated. I have already raised this issue with my estate agency and they are trying do to something about it (to be honest, if I leave everything to them, this issue won't be solved until my tenancy is finished, and that is more than one year away).   I am asking for advice, or how could I approach this issue.   I have spoken to my council and, since they do not deal in private property, there is nothing they can do, at least this is what they have told me.   The property with the trash is not owned by my landlord. It is an open space, with big crates, closed off by a fence. If I could, I would climb those crates and remove the trash myself but I cannot. I also cannot climb out the window to reach the trash, as the window is too small.   At times, I see a car in that property but I have never seen the driver. I left a note in the car's window explaining the issue and giving my number. This was around a week ago and nobody came back to me.   
    • Hi   First off ALL Tenants need to re report all the different repairs again via their repairs procedure. Yes its good to get a list of all properties repairs with photo/video evidence signed by all property tenants but you all need to fight this individually as well as a group.   Next you all need to look up your rights on Repair i.e. The Right to Repair Scheme and also their Complaints Procedure.   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/133/made   https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/right_to_repair_for_council_tenants   All Tenants need to take control back with these repair and ask in writing titling any letter 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' and stating the repair and why it hasn't been carried out to date and an exact date when it will be completed.   You also require clarification whether these Repairs come under the Right to Repair Scheme and if so why we were never informed of this. (delete or amend)   You also require copies of the following:   Right to Repair Scheme Policy (Not the Leaflet Repair and Maintenance Policy (Not the Leaflet) Solar Panel Policy (Not the Leaflet) Complaints Policy (Not the Leaflet) Equality & Diversity Policy (Not the Leaflet) When you get the above policies you need to take your time reading them and just think to yourself 'DID THEY DO THAT' in relation to your issue and if not mark it this way you build a list of what they haven't done/followed as per there own Policies and use it against them.   They will have time limits to complete repairs within for Emergency, Urgent, Routine repairs and if they exceed that time limit and need to extend it remember it is with you the tenants agreement not them telling you and tough you can wait.   (bear in mind any repairs during COVID-19 the time limits are now different and most routine repairs are stopped)  
    • I was on UC in late March, and recently received some quite non-committal message that the commitments would be returning, but no indication when.     If I remember correctly the expectation was that we could find at least one job per day to which to apply, or some such nonsense.   Given that the government can only guess how many workplaces will be safe :  1) to commute to/from at the time of job application; 2) to work in at the time of job application;    3) to commute to/from at the date of starting a job ; 4) to work in at the date of starting a job,  5) to commute to/from at the date permanent WFH is dropped; 6) to work in at the date permanent WFH is dropped,    and given that we have lost 20% of our economy, I fail to see how they can both reasonably and immediately mandate any minimum figure of jobs we must apply for whilst this virus just killed over 135 people in the UK (stats released today).  That is only down from 155 last week, and about 175 a fortnight back.   At this rate it will be another 7 weeks MINIMUM before the mortality rate is zero - if it ever reaches zero before the inevitable second wave.  
    • who has sent this 'letter of claim' come from and doe sit mention the pre action protocol and include a separate response pack? 
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Help with 'Specific Disclosure' Application

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4017 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hello folks - Please can someone out there help or point me in the right direction with regards to Specific Disclosure. I require to apply for one tomorrow because the debt collection agency has failed to send me a 'true' copy of the executed agreement. The hearing is a few weeks away and I've already indicated to the Court that I'll be applying for 'Specific Disclosure'. Any pointers would be gratefully appreciated.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Old_andrew2018


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


An application for specific disclosure may be made where an opponent fails to include a material document in his standard disclosure. The application is made under CPR 31.12. In your case the application would appear to concern the Claimant’s failure to disclose a ‘true’ copy of the executed agreement. I do not know whether that means they have disclosed something they purport to be a true copy of the executed agreement but which isn’t, or whether they have failed to disclose anything which might constitute the agreement. I suspect the former and what follows is based upon that assumption.

First thing to bear in mind is rather obvious. That is, you don’t want them to produce a true copy of the agreement, if the document to be produced is water tight. Far better from your point of view that they endeavour to push through a claim based on a document which lacks one or more statutory essentials. The lack of such essentials affords you defence possibilities. Further, it will be necessary to be able to show at the hearing of your application that the document they produce is self-evidently not a true copy of the executed agreement.

Next, is that an application for specific disclosure should not precede an order of the court for standard disclosure. If an order for standard disclosure has yet to be made sit tight. In due course an application for standard disclosure will be made and of course the Claimant will be expected to comply with that order. An order for standard disclosure will require the Claimant to disclose not only the relevant and material documents in its possession but also those relevant documents which were once but which are no longer in its possession and a statement explaining what became of them.

Third, prior to making an application for specific disclosure ensure that you have written to the Claimant highlighting what you claim are the inadequacies in the Claimant’s standard disclosure. The Claimant ought to respond in some shape or form. If for example the Claimant responds saying ‘I no longer retain possession of a true copy of the executed agreement’ that will be enough and will be a complete answer to questions concerning the existence of the document though of course other questions then arise. Only where you have evidence showing that the Claimant’s answer was dishonest might pursuing the matter further be worthwhile.

The further questions which arise are, ‘if the document is no longer in your possession, what became of it, when did it cease to be in your possession, who authorised disposal, who carried out the disposal, why was it disposed of and what are the circumstances surrounding its disposal.’ The answer might be ‘destroyed, 3 years ago, on the authority of Mr X, destruction carried out by shredder Y, save space in filing cabinets, in accordance with Claimant documents policy.’ In those circumstances I would be tempted to seek disclosure of documents evidencing the answer.

Any documents evidencing the answer are clearly somewhat off topic in terms of the main issue but it is important to guard against the risk of the document surfacing later, nearer the trial date. There is a risk the document may surface because CPR 31.11 imposes a continuing duty of disclosure. That means that after standard disclosure and at any time up to the end of the trial, (note end of trial) any relevant document which comes to light must be disclosed. If you have prepared your defence on the basis such and such a document is missing, that defence will be injured if under CPR 31.11 that very document materialises. Thus having documentary evidence that the document has indeed been destroyed is an insurance policy against the risk of the document subsequently materialising. An alternative would be an affidavit sworn by the Claimant to the same effect. Likewise an undertaking from the Claimant to not subsequently seek to rely on it. Whatever the method, you will see the importance of guarding against the risk of the document subsequently materialising.

Where the Claimant has said a particular document is not in its possession and after which you have gone through the hoops of ascertaining the truth of that statement and guarding against the risk of it subsequently being produced, any application for specific disclosure of that document is likely to fail. In my opinion the court will not compel a party to search for and disclose something it unequivocally declares is not in its possession owing to destruction or whatever. In my opinion the court would refuse the application on the basis that to do so would be disproportionate in the face of the Claimant’s unequivocal declaration.

An application for specific disclosure must be on notice in form N244. The evidence in support of the application must show that the claimant’s disclosure is inadequate and why it is both reasonable and proportionate for the claimant to search for the missing document and disclose it when found.


  • Haha 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see you back X20





We could do with some help from you.



 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service


If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello folks - Please can someone out there help or point me in the right direction with regards to Specific Disclosure. I require to apply for one tomorrow because the debt collection agency has failed to send me a 'true' copy of the executed agreement. The hearing is a few weeks away and I've already indicated to the Court that I'll be applying for 'Specific Disclosure'. Any pointers would be gratefully appreciated.


Can I just clarify - exactly what has been disclosed?


You say that the hearing is in a few weeks - is it the trial - the other thing is that if it is the trial you may need to apply to break the trial fixture


Has the case been allocated to track - if so is it fast track or multi track - if so can you post a copy of the Directions Order


Don't forget that CPR 31 does not apply if the case is in the SCT

Edited by I've got no money

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.


I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...