Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder


Advice needed please- Solicitors Fees.. Am I right?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4009 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

please can someone offer some advice as I am struggling with this one.


I am having a problem with a firm of solicitors who I instructed on a family matter, at the time I had savings so was not entitled to Legal aid and therefore I had to pay. I agreed to pay £150 a month during the case ( which is now over) and when the case was finished the solicitor told me she was happy for me to carry on paying monthly until the debt was cleared.


I was living off my savings as I was pregnant at the time and did not have a job, and now all my savings have run out, I am claiming income support and basically struggling to pay basic bills.


I phoned the finance dept of the solicitors and advised them I was unable to carry on paying the 150, but would be able to pay a small fee until situations improved and I would resume paying.


I was basically told this was unnacceptable, and would I be able to get a family member to pay the remaining balance (£1600) otherwise they would start court proceedings against me.


Now what I am wondering is, seen as they have effectively given me 'credit' without me signing a credit agreement, or credit checking me, am I obliged to pay anything at all?


I do think I have been reasonable by offering to pay something in the interim.


What should I do as my next step? They have given me a week to try and sort something.


I was thinking maybe asking them to provide me with everything I have signed in order to see where I stand but I am really not sure and losing lots of sleep over this one.


Thanks so much if anyone out there is able to help me.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Old_andrew2018

I see you have no reply so my post is to BUMP your thread.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...