MIL Collections / Provident Personal Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning fellow CAGGERS.

After sunning myself in Turkey for the past week I return home to a phone call off my mother saying i had a letter at her house (where I have not lived for around 5 years). I went and got the letter and it was from a company called MIL Collections. They are saying that I have an outstanding debt with Provident Personal Credit for just short of £400. I do remember me and my partner at the time did get some cash from Provident and then we split up and it was something that I just stopped paying and forgot about. We split up around 5 and a half years ago so I know this debt will be statute barred at the latest February 2010.

Yesterday I sent off the CCA request to MIL Collections and will wait to see what they send me back.

The main things are:

* What are MIL Collections like? Will they honour the CCA request or are they like other DCA's and will just ignore it and hound me even more?

* I headed the letter in big black bold text:

PLEASE SEND ALL FUTURE CORRESPONDANCE TO:

"MY CURRENT ADDRESS"

FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN NO FURTHER CORRESPONDANCE FROM MYSELF

Will they actually click on to this and stop sending things to my mothers house (dont want her worrying)?

* The original CCA will have been signed by me (IF signed by me) around summertime 2003, will Provident still have this on file?

Thank you in advance,

Sploits :p

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

Think you'd have been better ignoring them. By replying they now know you are concerned and they have your attention. Cross your fingers and hope for no cca. I do hope you are ex directory.

Thanks twofoot. I replied as I didnt want my mother worrying about it. She seen the letter so she knows what its about. I didn't want her thinking that somebody was going to come knocking on the door and come in the house and start taking stuff, even though I told her this could never happen she still believes it would and wanted the matter away from her home (perfectly understandable).

If a CCA does pop up and is enforceable I'm sure I can bombared them with things to draw this out until the 6 years has passed.

Just wondering IF Provident keep their paperwork in order or if they are like Crap One and don't.

Sploits :p

Hi PGH7447, I will ask her to do that but I know what a worrier she is and she just wants the problem sorted and away from her home. I guess its just the waiting game now to see if they send a reply to my home address or not.

• 2 months later...

Ha, looks like Mil collections have bought another 1 of mackenzie halls old statute barred debts and are trying desperately to get some of their money back. i recieved a letter from mil collections today saying i had 72 hours.pmpl. it looks like mackenzie hall have really stiched them up and they will no doubt recieve the same thorough investigation as mackenzie hall did in april from the OFT with the outcome being that they were warned about chasing statute barred debts and have to totally change their current practises. my alleged debt was from peoples phone in 1994 and although i thought the matter was closed after i sent a letter to mackenzie hall it seems they have found an even lower life to pass bad debts to.

all that's left to say is,-good luck MIL collections-you sure are going to need it

p.s. mil collections are a very low budget company with a skeleton staff situated in 1 office above a tea room in truro, i don't think they can afford the fuel to grace anyone with a doorstep visit.