CCCS Versus Secured Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Because of wifey's contract expiring, we now find ourselves with a shortfall of around £1500-00 per month. As a result, we are unable to meet our commitments.

Mrs Archway thinks she'll be back in work once the new term starts, and I think she will as well. But in the meantime, we're stuffed.

I've contacted the CCCS, they are putting together a DMP for me.

My question is, if I get a loan, secured, pay off my existing debts, go interest only on the mortgage, that frees up around £500-00 a month which would see us through. I don't want to start racking defaults again, just as my old ones are about to start coming off (I've kept my nose clean for five years, and now, through no fault of mine, they're about to start again)...

So, is a secured loan, for around 20k the better option than the CCCS?

BTW, I think the CCCS is a fantastic organisation :)

Archway

• 4 weeks later...

Hiya,

My two pence worth before the more experienced happen along. There are those that would not recommend the secured route and I can see the argument about not turning potentially unsecured debt into secured debt. However, if you have definite income improvement on the horizon and your house equity is definetly stable enough to take the secured loan then it is a viable option. The other thing is of course ensuring that any credit or borrowing that is consolidated within this secured loan is not reused or maxed out down the line and I know from experience this is far from easy!

I am just about to leap in with CCCS on a DMP (so far so good) and I have to say it looks like it will work out. Having been kept in a very dark place by my debt problems I am probably more inclined toward DMP but can see merits in both.

Best of luck ;)

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)