Data protection unauthotised disclosure by Marston Bailiffs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been seeking advice regarding my post "more marston mightmares".

A formal complaint has been acknowledged by Marstons regarding the conduct of their employees however, this does not address my question about disclosing personal data by (in effect) posting details of a warrant and amounts outstanding on my front door (print side out on a card 8 x 6 inches) On the card was written my wifes name, the name of the supposed certificated bailiff) D. Roberts , one of the three warrant numbers they said they were acting on and the total amount they were here to collect. then in red print... the fact that they would return with a locksmith within seven days to conclude this matter.

Due to the prominent position of my home on the main road by the post office and next to the busiest bus stop in the village I want to persue Marstons for "publishing sensitive and private information" Any advice please as to what I should do ? I have made initial contact with the information commisioners office who indicated that this breached at least principle 7 ?? its all gibberish to me, I have looked at various acts and bits of law and I am not a simpleton but it is written in such a way that no lay person could possibly understand it or it could be interpreted in so many different ways that it is unhelpful

l am sorry to be the one to tell you this, but, you are facing an almost impossible task. l have by now been facing courts on more than one occasion and lost in all but one case and that's still ongoing. The reason is that the law is written and construed by lawyers for lawyers and to ensure their livelyhood. There is no other reason for '' legaleze'' then to ensure the ordinary punter does not understand one iota of what is written. lt is such a struggle to go through all the legal ins and outs that you just want to give up. However, you can do it and with help from the people in this forum there is a possibility that you just may pull it off. Be prepared to spend a lot of time on research, use the internet to find any and all references to what you are dealing with. Make sure and l mean make sure that each and every court application form is filled out correctly or you may loose out due to a badly filled form, this has happened to me. You will get no help what so ever from the authorities, be it watchdogs or CAD or whatever, they are not interested and will claim that they cannot assist you in a civil case. l have a case concernig fire safety and it's serious as the landlord wan't provide the necessary fire exit. The famous health enforcement agency will not even inspect as it is a case of civil litigation, this despite the fact that there are risks for third parties. No, you are alone and it is a long and ardeous struggle you are facing, but, where there is will there is hope, so do not give up, but, as l've said, be careful and do it right. Let us know how you are doing.

Gustavius

Do what I did. Print a big, big notice to the effect that 'This is a company that likes to pin notices on people private's properties to the effect that feel that they can illegally by threatening evictions (which is what employing a locksmith effectively is) when they KNOW they have no authority to do so. Doing this to extract money is also in contravention of Section 2 of the the Fraud Act 2006'.

Then take it round to their office and pin on their door in the evening or weekend. Or take half a dozen.

They'll love it when they arrive on Monday morning