Default Notice Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive been looking at a few threads about DNs and I have one (well, had more than one in the past) and seen that some DN have been invalid which makes me suspisious about mine. :rolleyes:

Can someone tell me what I need to look out for to ensure I have been issued a valid DN, and if its invalid what do i do with it? Do i write to the creditor telling them about the error or just keep quiet incase they take me to court?

Sorry I hope this post makes sense

Ive been looking at a few threads about DNs and I have one (well, had more than one in the past) and seen that some DN have been invalid which makes me suspisious about mine. :rolleyes:

Can someone tell me what I need to look out for to ensure I have been issued a valid DN, and if its invalid what do i do with it? Do i write to the creditor telling them about the error or just keep quiet incase they take me to court?

Sorry I hope this post makes sense

Hi MoonShine...

Check this out...

Consumer Credit Act 1974 (c. 39) - Statute Law Database

Can you post the one you have?

In my experience, the main fault with DN's tend to be with the Creditor not specifyinga date in which to remedy the breach.

So they say things like, "before the date shown"...then they dont show a date...

Or they say, "to remedy the breach within xx days"...all very vague and non specific.

The consumer credit act clearly states that a date and not a range of days/dates must be specified.

Then there is the whole postage end of things... dates are important here!

What makes you question the one you have?

Regards

Hello Moonshine,

As Luxxinterior rightly points out the dates or lack of, are very important as is the actual layout and some of the particular wording.

Best thing to do is post it on here with personal information removed for people to comment.

If it is defective, at no point should you make the creditor aware that it is defective in case they do take you to court.

Regards

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.