Halifax repayment insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a halifax Credit card (or should I say had). I had payment protection which when i lost my job i claimed on. The claim was successful & repaid the debt in full. the halifax sent my insurance company a balance (just over £2500), which was cleared.

However, i received some time ago (over a year!) a statement from them stating that there was over £2300 still outstanding. I telephoned & asked them how this was possible when my insurance company had paid it all off. They told me it was interest & charges for not paying (late fees etc) & that i was to pay them. I queried with them how this was possible as they submitted a balance which was cleared. They just kept repeating themselves & told me to contact the insurance company & put in another claim to clear it!. The insurance company would not entertain another claim (obviously) as in their eyes it was cleared.

I wrote to the Halifax explaining the situation & that they sold me the PP. I also asked in my letter the point in selling me PP (with the idea that IF i found myself unable to work, i would not need to worry about my payments to them as they would be taken care of) when the balance at the end is near enough what it was before i claimed! They just wrote back stating they could apply the interest & charges (which were reduced to £12) & it was payable.

They have now sold the debt on to another debt collection agency (2 now infact) & i'm not sure where i stand, please could you give me some advice

Kathy

• 1 year later...
Hi

I have a halifax Credit card (or should I say had). I had payment protection which when i lost my job i claimed on. The claim was successful & repaid the debt in full. the halifax sent my insurance company a balance (just over £2500), which was cleared.

However, i received some time ago (over a year!) a statement from them stating that there was over £2300 still outstanding. I telephoned & asked them how this was possible when my insurance company had paid it all off. They told me it was interest & charges for not paying (late fees etc) & that i was to pay them. I queried with them how this was possible as they submitted a balance which was cleared. They just kept repeating themselves & told me to contact the insurance company & put in another claim to clear it!. The insurance company would not entertain another claim (obviously) as in their eyes it was cleared.

I wrote to the Halifax explaining the situation & that they sold me the PP. I also asked in my letter the point in selling me PP (with the idea that IF i found myself unable to work, i would not need to worry about my payments to them as they would be taken care of) when the balance at the end is near enough what it was before i claimed! They just wrote back stating they could apply the interest & charges (which were reduced to £12) & it was payable.

They have now sold the debt on to another debt collection agency (2 now infact) & i'm not sure where i stand, please could you give me some advice

Kathy

Hi All,

I have since been 'chased' by caboot for this payment now & I have asked for a TRUE copy of my agreement, which as expected they send a blank one. They sent this over 6 weeks ago & have not as yet sent me one with my signature on it!

They are still chasing me for these payments even though they have been paid in full from my PPI & it was Cleared!! The statements they sent me also did not show any of these payments which is worrying!!

What is the next best step to take? I have been paying token payments to this account for some years now (paid just over £300) for something that has already been paid off once!!

Thanks Tilly,

I had one of these sent to me years ago when i applied for a refund on my bank charges, which i received & had a sucessfull claim. It is since they have been paid off they added the interest which is what they are chasing me for now! They had the cheek to ask me to apply again to my PPI co for another claim to pay off this 'new' balance!! Of course they said NO!

I stated in my last letter to them that i am seriously considering chasing the Halifax for miselling of PPI, but caboot sent back a letter saying they were their agents & not responsible for the PPI being sold to me.

Im just wondering now that Caboot have taken so long (nearly 2 months) to supply me with a true signed copy of my agreement (they say they are waiting for the Halifax to send it to them) & have failed to explain why the payments to Halifax are not shown, what my next step would be? They have been paid in full once already by my PPi on the balance of the account they submitted to them