Trader misrepresented car

Virgo69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I'm new here but would appreciate you thoughts on the following. About a month ago I purchased a car from a dealer who was advertising on Autotrader via the internet.

The car was an expensive prestige model that was only a few years old. It was advertised ion the Autotrader site as having had one owner from new (and I have proof of this). To cut a long story short, I subsequently purchased the car thinking it had one previous owner and have now received the V5 logbook and was surprised to learn that the car has in fact 3 previous owners. I am extremely annoyed as you can imagine.

This seems like a clear case of the trader (who is a reputable dealer) misrepresenting the car history. The impact on the value of the car is quite significant as it now shows 3 previous owners rather than 1.

What action is open to me here ? I would ideally like to demand my money back and the dealer can have the car back.

If you have the advert and it clearly staes one previuos owner, then yes it has been misrepresented and would reflect its resale value. I think you would be able to reject the car on these grounds alone. You put your reasons in writing and reject the car and ask for full refund of all monies paid, give them 7 days to respond.