You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Tommo25

Notice of Intention to Issue a County Court Claim

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4024 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All, hope I'm posting in the right area.....

Anyway, my wife and I joined Bannatyne's gym on 4th December 2007. Usage of the gym dropped off (doesn't it always!) so I wrote to Bannatyne's on 1st November 2008 advising them of my intention to leave on 1st December. I dropped it off at Reception only to be told I had to give 90 days notice, not 30. This annoyed me as we hadn't been told this when we joined. I checked when I got home and it does say this in the small print on the back of the membership form. Anyway, I paid December's direct debit then cancelled it. I had a couple of phone calls from them in Dember and January telling me I still had to pay, but I told them that as far as I was concerned, I had signed a 12 month agreement and had now fulfilled it. I received an invoice from them on 21st April 2009 for membership subscriptions for the period Jan 09 to Mar 09. I immediately wrote back and said that I had cancelled my membership as of December 08 and far as I was concerned this matter was closed. I didn't receive a reply until today when I opened a 'Notice of Intention to Issue a County Court Claim' for the 3 month subscription.

Where do I stand with this? For starters, if I gave 30 days notice instead of 90, surely they can only be chasing me for 60 days - not the invoiced 90 days? I feel very strongly that I fulfilled my obligation to a 12 month contract and so shouldn't be getting penalised.

The 'Notice of Intention to Issue a County Court Claim' was dated 3rd July but only arrived today (8th) so I have until Friday to respond.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Tommo.

How many payments did banantynes take?

Does it say on the contract what happens after 12 months is up, ie rolling 30 days membership until further notice?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Just checked my membership form and it says membership commenced on 01/01/08 (December's payment was taken direct from my debit card).

It says

'The membership is for an initial period of a minimum of 12 months, and unless terminated in accordance with the terms of this agreement shall continue thereafter.

The member may cancel the membership by giving 3 months written notice to terminate the membership, and such notice may be given at any time after the end of the ninth month after the date of commencement.'

I paid Jan 08 - Dec 08 via direct debit (12 payments in total) + Dec 07 payment in cash (effectively).

Thanks,

Tommo.

so 3 months if taken from November is actually until February or January so technically you might owe 1 month or 2 months payments at most. Might be worth asking the question over the cancellation date since you did cancel it and even with 3 months that isn't March.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf