You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4017 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Please bear with me, this may be long.

I got a bed off Brighthouse, a little under a year ago. Within 4 months, the support snapped clean off, through no fault of ours. I contacted Brighthouse and requested a repair which they assured me they would get sorted asap. I then spent 20 weeks phoning the store and the head-office before eventually telling them very clearly that I would not be paying another penny and they could come and take the bed away, I didnt want it in my house.

I then asked for a refund on the pyments of 20 weeks which refused and I spent a further week in talks with the store before I involved Consumer Direct who got Brighthouse to agree to either refund the 20 weeks payments or take it from another agreement which they agreed to do. It was agreed that they would take 20 weeks from my laptop which was £3 dearer a week which I found fair.

I then got told that they wouldnt take the 20 weeks off until the end of the agreement which meant that it would be nearly 7 months after they took the bed away. In the meantime I had received a letter from Brighthouse stating I had received a replacement bed and had 6 months to contact the ombudsman if I wasnt satisfied. I wrote back confirming that I wanted the payment taken off then and I hadnt in fact received the replacement bed as the letter stated.

It took me another 3 weeks and another visit to Consumer Direct for Brighthouse to actually take the 20 weeks off then instead of the end of the agreement.

THEN, and this is the kicker, when I tried to pay the following week, I was told my payment was £17, more than £6 dearer than it had been in the first place!!! Upon querying this, the store manager said he would discount it at that end and get onto the I.T Department because taking the 20 weeks off had somehow put the laptop payments UP!

That was nearly 7 weeks ago. Each week I am having to ring 3 or 4 times to pay as I can only do so when the manager is in because the payments still havent been adjusted. This is a fortune in phonecalls and time.

My question really is, where do I go now?

This is beyond ridiculous!

Thanks

Sarah

03/10/06-Data Protection Act request sent via recorded delivery

06/10/06- Letter signed for. 15th Nov cut off date.

10/10/06- Statements come in tatty brown envelope.

Will be claiming for £1946.22

23/10/06- Preliminary request for £1946.22 sent recorded delivery.

24/10/06-Letter signed for. 7th Nov cut off.

08/11/06- Standard letter received wanting more time.

23/03/07- Time up for NatWest to say whether defending or not.

19/03/07- Acknowledgement of service and saying was going to defend came through.

04/04/07- Deadline for Natwests defence.

03/04/07- Defence filed came through.

05/05/07- Letter from Court to say claim stayed until 27/06/07

25/06/07- Letter from court, claim stayed until further notice.

I would recommend you go straight back to Consumer Direct - they would have logged this with Trading Standards as well. Brighthouse do not like paying money out (as I well know - they had to pay me a whopping £530!) and can become a little, shall we say, arrogant.

If you do decide to ask for an amended agreement, post on here, as there is a letter you should take with you, for the Manager to sign, that makes sure your rights are protected.

To be fair, they will deduct the 20 weeks from the end of your agreement, but you should have signed some sort of amended agreement (NOT a re-write) to reflect the length of the agreement OR the agreement staying the same length but with reduced weekly amounts.

As for the letter they sent stating they had sent a new bed - I would have taken this further with the FOS as it is clearly false information (i.e. they were trying to weedle out of their responsibilities. If you are still within the time limit to complain (which is usually 8 weeks), then I would definitely consider it. The more Brighthouse are brought to book the better.

One other thing - do you pay towards their useless policies???

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Hi,

They have taken the 20 weeks off but that now means that the weekly payments look like they have gone up and are having to be adjusted each week only by the manager, which means I have to ring back several times. I have tried complaining, it is like banging my head off a brick wall tbh!

03/10/06-Data Protection Act request sent via recorded delivery

06/10/06- Letter signed for. 15th Nov cut off date.

10/10/06- Statements come in tatty brown envelope.

Will be claiming for £1946.22

23/10/06- Preliminary request for £1946.22 sent recorded delivery.

24/10/06-Letter signed for. 7th Nov cut off.

08/11/06- Standard letter received wanting more time.

23/03/07- Time up for NatWest to say whether defending or not.

19/03/07- Acknowledgement of service and saying was going to defend came through.

04/04/07- Deadline for Natwests defence.

03/04/07- Defence filed came through.

05/05/07- Letter from Court to say claim stayed until 27/06/07

25/06/07- Letter from court, claim stayed until further notice.

it sounds to me that instead of waiting until the laptop has 20 wks left and then writing the remaining payments off, the store has re-written the agreement reducing the amount of wks by 20 (did they you to sign a new agreement???) However by doing this they have not reduced the amount you pay only how long you pay it over, that will be the reason the amount per wk has gone up.

My advice would be to organise a meeting with the store manager, prefferrably on a sat if possible, and request that the agreement be rewritten (again!) with the payments back to what they were originally. The store should be able to organise that the agreement be adjusted so that there is no more messing around discounting at the end and so on. They will have to take in to consideration the disount that has been done already over the last few wks.

The manager should be able to arrange this.