You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4026 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good day,

I have received a letter from a company called Akitiv Capital and they are demanding I pay for a debt that was owed over 11 years ago.

I am worry because I didn't make any payments towards this debt at the time and a friend of mine told me if you don't make any payments at all the debt is owed forever.

Could you please advise.

Thanks

Mark.

Hello and Welcome,

What sort of debt was it ?

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

It was a credit agreement with PC world or Comet.

Thanks for the quick reply by the way, sorry I forgot my manners.

Hi,

This debt will be statute barred.......

Send them this letter M from this link..........(Recorded)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Some info on Statute Barred debts................

If a lender allows time to pass without receiving any payment an action for recovery may become barred.

Under the Limitations Act 1980 the time limits are

* in simple contracts (credit cards, loans, etc.), 6 years

* in contracts under seal (mortgages), 12 years.

If the debtor acknowledges the debt in writing or makes a part payment within the original limitation period, then the time limits start to run again from the date of acknowledgement or the date of payment.

The above instructions do not apply to debts in Scotland. Under Scottish law, if a lender allows time to pass without receiving any payment an action for recovery may become barred under the Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973. (For details of this Act see Gloag and Henderson 10th edition at Chapter 15.). These debts are completely extinguished and cannot be enforced. Once the prescriptive period expires the debt cannot be allowed as a deduction.

To sum up, basically once a debt becomes statute barred it is up to the debtor whether or not they wish to pay the debt. A debt can not become unstatute barred.

So once you tell them the debt is Statute Barred, that should be the end of the matter

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thank you very much Scott, when I manage to get myself out of this mess I'll certainly donate to this wonderful site, all I can offer at the moment is to recommend the site to friends in the hope that they can donate.

Thanks again for your help.