• Tweets

• Have you asked for advice from your students union people? HB
    • I (and other respondents) always advise “not getting caught in a lie” it hardens their response. Why would they now believe protestations of remorse and “I won’t do it again” if they've already seen you'd lie and say it was a one-off when it wasn't..  You can try approaching the prosecutor on the day, but "I wouldn't hold my breath" …..  
    • I told them that it was an accident and that I used the oyster card as my debit card was lost. However, they did an investigation and realised it was not a one off. I have told them how remorseful I feel and how a criminal conviction would result in expulsion from my degree but they still want to take me to court. I have received the court summons letter
    • 20 million quid on just the brokering fee for a crappy deal with the UK public hocked to pay more for PPE - which was probably useless with better and cheaper per item with no 20 million quid fee - available from alibaba Stinks of corruption to me.  
    • Breaking News Biden wins Kennedy family endorsement Fifteen members of the storied Kennedy political family endorsed U.S. President Joe Biden at a Philadelphia campaign event on Thursday, with some joining him onstage, in a rebuke of Robert F. Kennedy Jr's independent bid for the White House. and 30 members in the extended Kennedy family   nytimes.com WWW.NYTIMES.COM Kennedys endorse Biden over their relative RFK Jr WWW.BBC.CO.UK Robert F Kennedy Jr is running for president as an independent - but many family members oppose him. More than a dozen Kennedy family members endorse Biden, snub RFK Jr. | CBC News WWW.CBC.CA President Joe Biden accepted endorsements from at least 15 members of the Kennedy political family during a campaign stop...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

The Legendary Ken Wallis thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I saw some big Payloads at the Waddington Airshow yeterday .. .

What lovely weather. .

And i met Ken Wallis

Edited by ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I saw some big Payloads at the Waddington Airshow yeterday .. .

What lovely weather. .

They were weather balloons:grin:.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Yup I read it was grounded because the CCA wanted to dismantle some bolts to check for age corrosion which if done might have effected the air frame adversely

The problem has been solved as the CCA have agreed to inspect a non flying Vulcan to see if the aircraft will still be sound

Yes it was there parked away from the crowd. You could only see it with Binoculars. I had a chat with the Vulcan team about what is going on. They tell me the Permit To Fly ran out on Weds, and had not been renewed on time.

It is really annoying that you go all that way and find that someone waited or forgot to get it signed off. They could have towed it nearer to the crowd line for people to see. . .

Aircraft which may not be designed and manufactured to specified civil standards require a Permit To Fly. The revalidation process will normally involve maintenance inspections and test flying to ensure that the

aircraft is still able to meet the requirements of the Permit.

However i did meet Ken Wallis an spent an hour chatting to him. What an amazing career he has had. Some of his CV is here:

Ken Wallis

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

My God what a guy I hero in the real sense of the word Typical of our government they'd rather honour pop singers than real people who have made a genuine contribution to our lives. They did the same to Sir Barnes Wallace who should have been like this guy a Lord - Again like Wallis the only real recognition came from the Yanks

Still you saw the Vulcan (mind you I've seen a whole squadron flying in formation at about 10,000 so there:p) and you met Commander Wallis & for an hour at that you lucky sod

I have a photo of him next to the Autogyro seen in the Bond film “You Only Live Twice”, taken on Saturday. Ken provided not only the aircraft but was the stunt double for Sean Connery as James Bond.

He sat out there most of the day in a deck chair, chatting to everyone. 93 years old and he still gets to fly the Autogyro. . .

What a great man...

WARNING TO ALL

Wonderful According to the CV you posted He's in the Guinness Book of Records as the oldest pilot

I know He's a trustee of the Norfolk museum but any idea how I can find out where He's next appearing?

JC.

this link might help. If it is not acceptable iam sorry i will PM u the link aswell.

Flixton

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

KenWallisWaddingtonAirshow2009.jpg

Ken Wallis talking to me on Saturday. I am not in the photo . .

Edited by ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

KenWallisWaddingtonAirshow2009.jpg

Ken Wallis talking to me on Saturday. I am not in the photo . .

Excellent thanks - Being a retired PPL myself I'm trying to find out where Commander Wallis is next appearing to we can fit a visit into a coming foody trip the BH & I intend making soon

I will see if i can get some details of where he will be. Fairford is on soon so he maybe there then.

He has some artifacts in the case on the floor, from the war. He flew into balloon cables and there is a piece of the actual cable mounted as a souvenir, plus a piece of wing spar from a Wellington bomber.

WARNING TO ALL

Well that is a question you can ask him Joncris. He lives and has an airstrip at Reymerston Hall in Norfolk. There is footage of him in the 60's here:

British Pathe - EVERYMAN'S AUTOGYRO

WARNING TO ALL

Joncris, i have Ken's number to arrange a day with him for a look around his estate. He will accept a number of people, maximum of 30, to tour his hanger and he will fly the autogyro as well. The cost for the visit will be a donation to his 2 favourite charities, and dinner at the golfclub opposite his estate. If we can sort out a date any interested CAGGERS please leave a name here. The meet would be at Dereham Norfolk.

WARNING TO ALL

Oh, you guys like aircraft!!!

How about this then? I was writing a book once (as you do) and I got in touch with the owner of the last flying de Havilland Dragonfly (beautiful red plane - sorry, aircraft) up near Biggleswade. Told him I was doing the writing thing and he took me up for a spin in her. Oh, she's gorgeous. Then I got shoved into a Tiger Moth and went up without goggles!! Stupid woman!! and thanks to the Tiger Moth club for that! Then I got in touch with somewhere wild in Canada, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the sergeant in charge (a Scotsman) sent me original 1937 photos of the first 4 Dragonflies and their crews ever to pursue a criminal across the frozen waste (before the aircraft called the Beaver took over).

How's that for useless information?

Regards

Liz

PS never did publish the book.

Oops, there goes another rubber tree plant!

Oh, you guys like aircraft!!!

How about this then? I was writing a book once (as you do) and I got in touch with the owner of the last flying de Havilland Dragonfly (beautiful red plane - sorry, aircraft) up near Biggleswade. Told him I was doing the writing thing and he took me up for a spin in her. Oh, she's gorgeous. Then I got shoved into a Tiger Moth and went up without goggles!! Stupid woman!! and thanks to the Tiger Moth club for that! Then I got in touch with somewhere wild in Canada, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the sergeant in charge (a Scotsman) sent me original 1937 photos of the first 4 Dragonflies and their crews ever to pursue a criminal across the frozen waste (before the aircraft called the Beaver took over).

How's that for useless information?

Regards

Liz

PS never did publish the book.

NO but you could at least post them thar pictures here

Ha ha,

I will, just as soon as I get home. I'm away from home at the moment on business. I'll look them thar photos out when I get home (home, where's that?) and see if I can find the photos of the Dragonfly at Oshkosh, when she had an extra fuel tank added (back seat was taken out) and she flew from Scotland (well Biggleswade first), to Greenland, and on to Oshkosh, Canada for the Oshkosh aircraft races/convention.

Bootiful lady, she is. Such is my memory, I can't remember if the four RCMP aircraft had call signs of flowers or girls' names. I think it was flowers, Anemome, Buttercup, C??? Daisy.

Regards

Liz

Oops, there goes another rubber tree plant!

Great.

Will do JC, next month maybe better for me.

Edited by ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

• 11 months later...

Well he's still at it, Flying that is, Magnificent man in his DIY flying machine: The Wing Commander, 94, who is trying to hit 130mph in shed-built gyrocopter

Read more: A magnificent man and his DIY flying machine: Wing Commander, 94, trying to hit 130mph in shed-built gyrocopter | Mail Online

WARNING TO ALL

Well he's still at it, Flying that is, Magnificent man in his DIY flying machine: The Wing Commander, 94, who is trying to hit 130mph in shed-built gyrocopter

Read more: A magnificent man and his DIY flying machine: Wing Commander, 94, trying to hit 130mph in shed-built gyrocopter | Mail Online

Yup Still hoping to arrange that visit we discussed last year