You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Mummy2Louis

Is it worth pursuing ... ?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4021 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I took out my mortgage in 2004 and at the time used a financial advisor to arrange it for me. My income was quite low but I supplemented it with a part time 'cash' job at a pub. He asked me to declare this income to the lender, which I did, and arranged for me a 'self-cert' mortgage without too much fuss.

Over a year later I received a letter from the broker saying that I had taken out my mortgage on product 'A' although there was at the time another, slightly cheaper product available to me. However, since I had asked for a mortgage with a cashback feature (I didn't) I ended up with the deal that I completed on. Apparently this letter was just to 'clarify' this point. (Not that I had requested clarification.) I called the broker who said my file had been audited by the FSA and he had to send me that letter.

I was a bit confused but rather naive back then and wonder if I paid more than I should've over the whole period of the fixed term.

Anyone got any advice on whether I should look into it or if I'd be wasting my time?

Hi - well this does sound odd to me - if you didnt have a cash back deal why is the brokers letter stating that you did? and if the FSA have audited him I'd write to the FSA and ask them for the details on your product to see what he told them - again - I cant see them not involving you somehow. Did you pay him a separate fee? Did he do all the figures for you? If there was a cheaper deal why didnt he present it to you?

PS - when in 2004 - i think the regulated mortgage rules came in around then