style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Advice on these please, fairly okay with this stuff but just wanted to clarify this situation.

Basically, Marston visited my home when i was out, posted a letter through my door in reference to an incorrectly addressed CCJ which was made in my name instead of the company i am employed by. I have never had a copy of the CCJ, so as soon as i received the letter from Marston i called them and asked for the case number.

Following day (last friday) i went to my local county court and made application to set the judgement aside, including an application to stay the writ, based on the fact it is not my debt (this can be proved).

Today, i receive a call back from Marstons informing me it will take me a long time to get a hearing date, and in the meantime they can still proceed (in fact they threatened to remove goods this afternoon even though im not in, and they have never entered the property before!).

I advised them i was recording the conversation (which i wasnt), too which they put the phone down!

Question is, can they turn up on my doorstep tomorrow? I have a receipt from the court for the application fee, is this proof to make them turn around and go away?

Any help/advice much appreciated!

Hi

I had almost an identical situation but when they turned up at my wife's business premises she was even able to give them the information for date place,day and time the set aside was scheduled to be heard but, they still went ahead with the enforcement. However I would suggest if the man/woman introduce themselves as a High Court Enforcement Officer you get straight on the phone and check if that is true...if it is not then the next phone call should be to the police

good luck

pt

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]