Hooley v G24.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm a newby and I think I've posted my orginal query in the wrong area! Whoops.

So here I go again.

I received a parking charge notice from a company called G24 Ltd, they claimed that I had overstayed my welcome at one of the car parks they have control of. They sent photos of the car in question entering and exiting the car park, with date and time attached, 67mins apart. They demanded £40 if paid within 14 days and it went up to £90 after that.

I wrote a letter stating that the car in question wasn't actually parked in the photos they had sent me and as their arguement lay in the fact the car was parked over the allotted time, this was ridiculous. Of course, I said this in a more professional manner than here but that was the gist of it. I also included the letter template as suggested on this forum.

Their replies since have totally ignored my plea for reason and them to actually prove the car was parked outside of the times stated.

For all they know, you could have been driving about in the car park for that time, and if so, is that person liable? You could have been shopping and had to pull around to the front of the store to put a heavy item in the car, it could have carried you over the allotted time easily.

The final time that G24 Ltd responded, they again, ignored my requests of photographic evidence, and instead requested that I sent any receipts for items bought on that day at the store next to the car park! How is this anything to do with them?! I have since checked the parking information signs in that car park and no where do they state that you need to be a customer of the staples next door to park there. They must be clutching at staws.

In my final response I said that because they could not provide the evidence requested they did not have a case with me and therefore should cease contacting me regarding this matter.

It has been a few weeks later and I haven't heard anything directly from G24, but this morning I receive a threatening letter from CCS Collect Debt Services caliming that I owe them £90 to be paid within 7 days or I'll be taken to court!

I need some advice on what to do next.

IGNORE IT !

CCS is located on the next desk in the same office.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I have moved your post to a new thread.

Read some of the threads in this forum. You'll see that it is not a fine, it's an unenforcable INVOICE.

Just ignore.

If you ever receive a court summons with the official court seal (about as likely as you winning the lottery jackpot), then we will tell you how to deal with it and make the monkeys look stupid.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

You're been sucked into the [problem]. You can't reason with them as you've discovered - it's a [problem]. They charge isn't enforceable in the first place anyway.

Ignore everything and they will go away. Don't waste time talking to them again.