The Ashes (Warning Cricket Thread)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is this a Cricket thread ?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I thought it was something to do with coal fires.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Oi you two :)

Not sure I'm loving th outcome of the first day's play. I think things are just slightly on the Australians' side. Grrr at KP and his stupid shots, it's cost us dearly.

A fantastic morning for our tail enders.

I fear some of those suicidal wickets might come back to haunt us.

I can't believe the press re: KP, he STILL posted a higer score than anyone else!

I'm pleased with the total and the performance from the tailenders; lets hope for some reverse swing today, it's the right weather for it :)

I can't believe the press re: KP, he STILL posted a higer score than anyone else!

I'm pleased with the total and the performance from the tailenders; lets hope for some reverse swing today, it's the right weather for it :)

Ok, how about some translation here, what is a tailender and what is a reverse swing and how is it affected by the weather?:confused:

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Well that was a disappointing afternoon session.

I watched it at my 84 year old Dads house.

I asked him what he thought we should do to get a breakthrough, he said take Katich and Pontings bats away.

My dad's 74 now. They should have replaced all of them with my dad and yours. I can't believe I actually watch it with anticipation.:confused:

we don't have to be pessimistic in England to know we are going to lose.

I wouldn't mind, but I believe the Brits invented the game in the first place.

Mind you....That bloke that invented the Rubik's Cube was from Hungary, and I've finished that.

So there!!!:grin:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Never mind the cricket... I had an interview in Cathedral Rd in Cardiff today just around the corner from the Swalec Stadium... I left 2 hours early (it only takes 40 mins to drive there) Had to park almost a mile away an walk to the interview, the traffic was soo bad.... just got there with seconds to spare..... Im not happy.... bloody cricket:mad:

Never mind the cricket... I had an interview in Cathedral Rd in Cardiff today just around the corner from the Swalec Stadium... I left 2 hours early (it only takes 40 mins to drive there) Had to park almost a mile away an walk to the interview, the traffic was soo bad.... just got there with seconds to spare..... Im not happy.... bloody cricket:mad:

Glad you made the interview.

Now. Cricket.

Looks like we can hope for a draw (looking at the weather)

looking better after a good morning for England, Jimmy Anderson and Monty take wickets, and it's game on again:D

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

What a performance so far in the second test.

I hope they bat for an hour or so tomorrow and declare on 600+.

No matter how good the prisoners ( Australia ) have been in the past, they are not good enough to save this one.

COME ON ENGLAND

well, the only way to describe the result is..............dick'dem:D:D!!!!!

fivefer for Freddie and beat them at Lords for the first time in 75 years:p

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd resurrect this ancient thread to say

WELL DONE ENGLAND!!!

and enjoy your retirement Freddie:D:D:D

I'm over the moon. So pleased that the likes of Trott and Broad have been able to make inroads into the team. I stand by the fact that I believe it was Monty who won us the ashes with his amazing stand!