You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

aderonke

PPI CLAIM - Advice needed re LTSB reply

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4021 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Everybody,

My husband and i took a £10,000 loan from LTSB in July 2002 which on the agreement states it includes an optional loan protection insurance of £2166.45.

We had some financial difficulties around 2006 and we defaulted on the laon for some time. The loan was passed on to a debt collection agency by ltsb and we are currently still paying of the loan to the agency.

After discovering we make a claim forPPi insurance, I phoned up Lloyds tsb for a copy of the agreement to be posted to me whicht they did.

On the 29nd of June, i wrote them a letter requesting a refund of the PPI insurance.

I received a reply back from them on the 2nd of July as follows

''unfortunately we are unable to investigate our complain because there is no insurance in place as we have not taken the optional loan protection on our Loan.

As there is insufficient detail for us to record your concerns, i have returned all Paperwork. If you have any additional information to support your concerns, could you please return all paperwork for us to reconsider your concerns as we do not keep copies.

I hope this fully explains our position but if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0845 300 55 99''

I am wondering if anybody else has reeived any similar response from Ltsb . I am also suprised they claim not keep copies as i obtained the loan agreement copy from them in the first instance.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Aderonke

Hi Aderonke:)

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the dreaded LTSB.

When you say your loan agreement states that you did take out the PPI, do you know for certain that you were paying for this each month as part of your loan repayment? Are the amounts you were paying each month shown on the agreement as broken down into an amount for the loan itself and an amount for the PPI? Do you have access to any statements for the loan which would show the PPI as being added on separately at the time you took out the loan?

I can totally sympathise with your situation as Mr Landy and I have encountered similar problems with LTSB. We sent off for mis-sold PPI on a couple of loans taken out in 2000/2001 and repaid in 2002. We already had the original agreements for these and had received statements showing that the PPI had been applied in our Subject Access Requests. Despite sending copies of all this info to LTSB, we received a very similar response to yours. We resent our paperwork 3 times - LTSB returned it 3 times - as the 8 weeks allowed for them to investigate have not yet passed we contacted the FOS who have offered to chase and hassle LTSB on our behalf.

LTSB told us the same story that they don't keep copies - but they had copies of the statements because like you that's where we got them from in the first place.

They also said they couldn't trace the accounts or the customer. This is rubbish and furthermore it has been proved that a bank can reconstruct an agreement as long as the bare bones of the information are available.

I firmly believe LTSB are just hoping we will all give up and go away, which is exactly what we must not do. Once the FOS starts to get involved I think it is far more likely that the bank will capitulate.

It's very easy to get disheartened when you get the brush-off from the bank and LTSB are particularly good at this, but there are plenty of people here with expert PPI knowledge and many success stories to give you the heart to keep at it!

As LTSB will probably just return your paperwork all over again if you resend it (as they did to us) it might be an idea to give the FOS a ring - they were very helpful to us and are quite used to getting complaints about LTSB by the seem of it!

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hi Landy

Many thanks for taking the time to reply me.

I will check my Statements as you mentioned and then possibly go to FOS.

I only have my agreement Attached to go by for now.

Many thanks

Aderonke

ltsb agreement.PDF

Hello aderonke,

Hi Everybody,

My husband and i took a £10,000 loan from LTSB in July 2002 which on the agreement states it includes an optional loan protection insurance of £2166.45.

We had some financial difficulties around 2006 and we defaulted on the laon for some time. The loan was passed on to a debt collection agency by ltsb and we are currently still paying of the loan to the agency.

After discovering we make a claim forPPi insurance, I phoned up Lloyds tsb for a copy of the agreement to be posted to me whicht they did.

On the 29nd of June, i wrote them a letter requesting a refund of the PPI insurance.

I received a reply back from them on the 2nd of July as follows

''unfortunately we are unable to investigate our complain because there is no insurance in place as we have not taken the optional loan protection on our Loan. Clearly an inaccurate statement looking at the loan agreement. It clearly shows PPI on the loan in excess of £2000. You should claim this back if you have a mis-sold case. You have been paying £46.49 a month for however many months.

As there is insufficient detail for us to record your concerns, i have returned all Paperwork. If you have any additional information to support your concerns, could you please return all paperwork for us to reconsider your concerns as we do not keep copies.

I hope this fully explains our position but if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0845 300 55 99''

I am wondering if anybody else has reeived any similar response from Ltsb . I am also suprised they claim not keep copies as i obtained the loan agreement copy from them in the first instance.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Keep everything in writing that way you have proof, phone calls are deniable.

see the stickies at the top of the forum.

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

For claims before 2005 and the FSA ruling from which campaign

How to tell if you’ve been mis-sold PPI

Quick check: were you mis-sold? - How to tell if you’ve been mis-sold PPI

Another useful site to help you reclaim missold PPI UPDATED 16 JUN 08

Reclaim your PPI premiums - payment protection insurance | This is Money

This is a little snippet from the above link....

Can I reclaim on any PPI policy?

Your claim for compensation is dependent on when you took the insurance. PPI sales only came under the jurisdiction of the FSA on 14 January 2005. Any sales made before then are not covered by the latest rules.

However, it may still be worth complaining to your lender if you feel you have been mis-sold. If you bought before January 2005 it is likely that they will have been covered by a previous regime of rules. This means that the Financial Ombudsman Service will be able to consider these complaints. If you took PPI after January 2005, your claim is subject to the latest rules.

All you have to do is read, gather the information ask questions then claim back your PPI..

aa

Edited by alanalana
text added

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.