You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

UnmoderatetheNet

***DCA's STOP PRESS UK Mobiles***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4022 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Several DCA's have already signed up for this service, SO PLEASE REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THIS SERVICE OR SUFFER COLLECTION MONKEYS

Maybe you have heard about this, but early next week all UK mobiles will be on a directory which will mean that anyone will be able to access the

numbers. It is easy to unsubscribe but it must be done before the beginning of next week to make sure that you are ex-directory. Suggest it to all your friends and family who have UK mobiles or they could be swamped by unsolicited messages and calls. Removal is recommended by the BBC - see link below.

BBC NEWS | Programmes | Working Lunch | Mobile phone directory to launch

The Directory of Mobile Phone numbers goes live next week. All numbers

including those belonging to children will be open to cold calling and the

general abuse that less scrupulous telesales people subject us too.

The only directory with millions of mobile numbers - 118800

When on the site, click "Home" then "Ex-directory" this will remove you from the directory.

LETS TURN IT INTO THE ONLY DIRECTORY WITH A DOZEN MOBILE PHONE NUMBERS

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

This has already been spoken about previously.

Its scandalous.

I personally welcome ANY calls, but thats just me being me :D

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

isn't someone thinking of taking this outfit to court,as the mobile providers say that they haven't got the data from them?

Please unsubscribe. Simple message pass it on

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

thing is,if you "unsubscribe" and they put your name together with a phone number,what's to stop them selling that data on?

Well I asked to be de-listed about 2 weeks ago and today received a text saying I was now ex directory.

Just did a search for myself and it found me although it did state I was ex directory so they couldnt help.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

I would like to know how I have just received a text message from these saying my number has been made ex-directory......I registered it weeks ago, and got the confirmation message then. Nice of them to tell me twice though :rolleyes:

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Their computer systems crashed on June 15th, their website was getting so many hits it couldn't cope with the number of opt-outs. :D

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you see the privacy policy ? - Please allow 4 weeks for your details to be made ex-directory - shocking !!!

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Already made a formal complaint to the ICO, and my local MP, why the hell should I have to unsubscribe from a service, I have never subscribed to:mad:....and for each and every text I get saying that someone wants to get in touch with me, will be another formal complaint and nail in their coffin:mad::mad::mad:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well I asked to be de-listed about 2 weeks ago and today received a text saying I was now ex directory.

Just did a search for myself and it found me although it did state I was ex directory so they couldnt help.

Same here text message received today.

This hasn't been publicised enough!!!

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

I unsubscribed ages ago when I first heard this, had a couple of odd calls and told them the number had been unsubscribed. Did an check and they claimed they wanted more info to check it was me... as they had other numbers... some of the other numbers I haven't used in at least 3 years so they are going to get a shock!

For those that haventread - and acted upon this....

Bump :!:

*bump*

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Rather odd. We have three o2 numbers, one vodafone and one orange number in the household. All PAYG and registered

have just checked on the site linked on the first post, nothing showing, but we haven't opted out?

however these numbers are all registered with TPS.

Would this be the reason nothing is listed?

did a search

couldn't find me or my daughter,but my wife's phone came up

still waiting for them to text the code to unsub........

We're Sorry...

...the service is not available at this time due to essential maintenance. We´ll be back up and running again in no time.

Oh dear what a shame, it seems their systems have crashed again.

I wonder if they've hacked off some hackers because this has happened twice now in 28 days. :D:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got that message as well

and it took about 15 mins for the text to come through.....

The site had crashed when i tried to unsubscribe about an hour ago, managed to unsubscribe though now.

Why does it take four weeks to go through?

The site had crashed when i tried to unsubscribe about an hour ago, managed to unsubscribe though now.

Why does it take four weeks to go through?

exactly

not good enough

Apparently the ICO are looking at this firm because the are processing data without the subjects informed consent

but as always nothing will be done, they will be given a period of grace to put their house in order like all of the other corporate law breakers in the UK. Persecution of this organisation would set a precedent which would ruin all of the CRA's (for processing a subjects data without implicit and informed consent)

It really is about time one of the so called consumer protection organisations did something to protect consumers

***climbs down off soap box, shrugs and walks away***

• Haha 1

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

Apparently the ICO are looking at this firm because the are processing data without the subjects informed consent

Well about time too. Is a blatant invasion of privacy.