No Complaints Procedure!!

middenmess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why am I cursed with dealing with idiots?

Not once today with Barclaycard but twice in 3 hours!!

Started off with verbal call requesting overdue payment.

As I'm up to date with next payment due in August and having already spent an hour on the phone last week dealing with this matter and getting £10 to cover my time from them for their errors,I was not over receptive to this new request.

As is usual with these callers they take no notice of what you tell them but just continually request payment.

After a couple of minutes of interpreting their international version of the Queen's English and getting stonewalled I gave up and politely ended the call.

I then phoned Barclaycard [customer services?] and spoke to another internationally trained person who at least acknowledged that there was no outstanding monies due and who then transferred me to another internationally trained person so that this issue could finally be resolved.

This operative again acknowledged there was no problems on the account and that they would so mark the account.

I thanked them and told them that if I received any more calls about this I would be really ****** off.

'No problem' they replied, 'there will be no more calls'

This statement was partially correct as I did not receive another call----

----for all of 2 hours until I received an automated call demanding payment!!!

How do you get through to these people??

It then continued as I was by that time on the warpath and decided to chase up the 'we will respond within 72 hours' response that I was given last Wednesday about refunding 2 fraudulent transaction on my account.

The fraudulent transactions had been acknowledged by Barclaycard [who cancelled the card and issued me a new one] and one had been refunded and I had asked why hadn't the other one.

The internationally trained operative in their Manchester office told me that as it was over 90 days old they would not be refunding this transaction.

I debated it with them but was stonewalled again and was getting nowhere so I told them I wished to make a complaint and would like details of their complaints procedure.

'We don't have a complaints procedure' I was informed 'all I can do is to log it on your account'

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you deal with these people?

When you phone them you either get stonewalled or transferred in ever decreasing circles back to where you started, and when you write you rarely,if ever,get a full response that addresses the subject that you have written to them about.

Sorry about the length of this but is has helped to bring down the blood pressure level from 'volcanic' to 'simmering' !

When did you apply for your Barclay card...pre 2005 ???

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

Hi Beck

Had the card since early 1990's-requested SAR and only had partial response etc--relevant thread at

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/206289-partial-response-sar.html

Another call at 5 o'clock initiated another call from me to them explaining in no uncertain terms what I thought of their efficiency

'Account manager' assured me that there will definately be no more calls.

'king Idiots!:mad:

Calls at 18.34 and 18.51!