CCS Collect put on to me by G24 Parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a parking charge notice from G24 Ltd Parking services, a few months ago now.

They supplied photographs of a car entering and exiting the car park in question in excess of the alloted time. The car was not depicted as parked, which is the crux of their claim. They demanded £40 if paid within 14 days and that raised to £90 after that.

I have repeatedly asked them in writing for photographic proof that this car was PARKED over the 60 minute time limit and they have ignored my requests.

The last reply I received from them, again, ignored the request for evidence and requested that I sent them receipts for the items purchased in the store next to which the car park is situated.

I have checked the parking notice at this car park and at no point, not even in the small print does it say that the car park is for sole use of customers of the staples next to it. So it sounds like they were clutching at staws.

I sent a reply stating that by refusing to prove, using photographic evidence with dates and times, that the car in question was parked over the allotted time they obviously had no support to their claim and therefore they should not contact me again.

It has been a few weeks since I had heard from them, and this morning I receive a letter from CCSCollect - Debt Collectors stating I owe them £90 within 7 days. This letter is scare mongering.

What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

The evidence I have received from G24 Ltd has not convinced me that the claim is legally binding.

Can anyone give me any advice on this matter?

I agree. These stupid cowboy charges will be impossible to enforce through the Courts. they can only recover the cost of 1 Hour's parking, if they are VERY lucky and get a Judge who doesn't know anything

Even so, they can only proceed against the driver.

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

ignore!!!!!!!!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ccscollect

G24 car park management

The last reply I received from them, again, ignored the request for evidence and requested that I sent them receipts for the items purchased in the store next to which the car park is situated.

Oh dear, must be new to the game then:lol::lol:

It is up to them to prove you don't have the receipts! Clowns.

I have checked the parking notice at this car park and at no point, not even in the small print does it say that the car park is for sole use of customers of the staples next to it. So it sounds like they were clutching at straws

I would go back and take some photographs, for your peace of mind more than anything, so I assume that it was private property you parked on, or was it council owned and enforced by this circus outfit?

Ignore them, fire off the no debt is acknowledge letter to CCS collect, and tell them to take you to court.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

My husband received a parking ticket from focus DIY Burnley and we have ignored it like it said on here. We now, 4 months later have got a letter from CCS collectors (Debt Collectors) wanting the £60 that we have not paid. What do you suggest the next step should be. My hubby says he isn't paying but i'm worrying about it.

Please help!!:confused:

My husband received a parking ticket from focus DIY Burnley and we have ignored it like it said on here. We now, 4 months later have got a letter from CCS collectors (Debt Collectors) wanting the £60 that we have not paid. What do you suggest the next step should be. My hubby says he isn't paying but i'm worrying about it.

Please help!!:confused:

Do not worry. Ignore them. What you had was an unenforcable invoice from a PPC. When you ignore them they pass it on to thier DCA who will send a few threatograms-up to 3 or 4-. They disappear after that and move on to someone with a little less knowledge who will pay up :wink:

If your still unsure go to the parking forum and read the many stories regarding this matter :)

Hooley

Report them to Trading Standards locally or via Consumer Direct.

Sometimes these things don't go away, unless you report it. They could continue writing to you and possibly send doorstep collectors or threaten to do so.

There have been cases where people have been taken to court, but this is usually the large supermarkets and fast food outlets that do this. I have read a few cases, where people have not paid the original amount and months later the amount has massively increased. I can't see how this is legal? Sounds like extortion to me.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

I am new to this so still trying to find my way around this forum !!! going in circles abit.

Many thanks for your reply , hopefully will help put my mind at rest.

My hubby isnt a worrier but i am unfortunately. Wish they would just leave us alone we've had a rough few months of late, you just think your on the up and they get you !!

but thanks alot will see how it pans out .:)

Biscuit lover

You would wise to report them to Trading Standards, who should hopefully get them off your back.

You can do this by phoning Consumer Direct.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...
hello DX100Uk can u help ? had another letter from ccs debt collectors about parking ticket saying they will now take us to court if we dont pay by tomorrow what should we do now ?? hubby still wont pay but im worried sick.

hello

please try not to worry, its just scare mongering

you need to report the companies involved to your local trading standards, they will soon shut up then

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

I have a disabled persons' blue badge. I took my car for a service and received a loan car. Drove into town and parked in a car park in the specified disabled bay. No fee payable.

However, when I returned, I had a parking ticket. I managed to 'catch' the attendant who said, that the badge could belong to anyone and they now check up to see if your tax disc has 'disabled' on it, which of course my loan car did not, I showed my photo on the reverse side of the blue badge but she wasn't interested.

When I got back to the garage I had to inform them as it was one of their loan cars which had received the ticket.

Luckily for me, they telephoned the parking company's head office who said I had to send in photocopies of 'everything' together with a letter from the garage to confirm why I was driving one of their cars, and hence why it did not have 'disabled' on the tax disc.!!!

So now they have copies of some of my personal information!

hello DX100Uk can u help ? had another letter from ccs debt collectors about parking ticket saying they will now take us to court if we dont pay by tomorrow what should we do now ?? hubby still wont pay but im worried sick.

It's a parking ticket [problem], DO NOT PAY, they WILL NOT go anywhere near a court for fear of being prosecuted themselves, unless the parking ticket is issued by your local authority (council) then there is zero these chancers will be able to do.

Have a read of this, see if it is similar;

http://www.violetmount.com/ncpscam.jpg

Give Consumer Direct a ring and file a complaint with them, then ignore the [problematic].

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Total [problem]

The badge is issue to a PERSON not a car in the first place

There are many Blue Badge holders that DO NOT HAVE A CAR but use it when traveling in a car owned by someone else, which they are allowed to do

1) The fact disabled bays on private land are not endorsable in the first place,

2) The BLUE Badge has no significance on private land anyway

3) The RFL has nothing to do with a PPC regardless

Damn good point! I have a blue badge but don't drive, never thought of it like that.....(Thursday nights are the start of the weekend)

;)

Please DO NOT worry and above all DO NOT PAY a penny. I have been through the whole system and there is nothing to worry about.

IGNORE ALL correspondence from them and they will go away, they are merely chancers trying to frighten you into paying an unenforcible invoice.

The sooner the government regulates there cowboys the better. Check the addresses of the bailiffs, even the wording, things like 'we may' if they had any legal powers it would be 'we will'

REMEMBER DO NOT REPLY TO THEIR LETTERS AND DEFINATELY DO NOT GIVE THEM A PENNY

Go on the parking forum and you will see it is a [problem].

You are completely wasting your time writing to them because they do not take any notice. All they want is your money.

Even if debt collectors get involved, which is normal with private parking companies, they will not go to court.

Just ignore the drivell they send you.

If you continue to write to them they will just think you are caving in and send you more begging letters.

Ignore, ignore, ignore.

jed

Hi biscuit lover,

Your in their computerrised system at the moment and they will send numerous letters from numerous companys, you may even get a solicitors letter soon but dont be alarmed this is all part of the [problem] to scare you into paying. They will eventually give up on you, just be patient and do not get suckered in.

There are loads and loads of G24 cases on this site for you to have a read through to ease your mind.

Clicky to read other G24 threads

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just another worried punter I'm afraid. Had a parking ticket (G24) some months back - wanting £75. Car park in Crewe which had recently switched - basically locads of building work going on and the only sign was small, and behind my direction of parking (and the behind me when I left the car park)

Anyways - my mate told me to ignore it completely (not even appeal) and they will go away. I have had 3 letters from them, and two from CCS. Now have another letter from CCS who have said "72 hours of a home visit":eek:

Now I'm all up for ignoring letters, and I will turn up and protest my innocence at the court if required - no fear of legal system. However I'm concerned that they will turn up when my wife is in, not me.

If they turn up, do I (or she) simply say "Please leave my premises I have nothing to say" - and basically shut the door.

Or do I have to answer their questions?

What if they try to enter?

Sorry I know this has probably been asked before????

read through this thread same applies to you just ignore, tell anyone who comes to your door to Foxtrot Oscar. It is all a [problem].

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

hello Blueinternet ( think thats your name , sorry i forgot )

My husband has had lots of letters from these people and I was so worried . We had letters about being taken to court and Bailiffs coming round and I was soo worried about them coming when I was in alone. So I came on here and lots of lovely people were kind enough to take time to answer me and help ease my worries. We have just ignored every letter they send and have not entered into any communication with them at all.

Hopefully they will have gotten fed up with us now or i pray they have. I dread the post coming but we still ignore them. Have a look online at "watchdog" on youtube , type in parking tickets and watch what he has to say that will help it did me.

We are going on holssoon so im going to forget about these parasites who pray on people who worry.:)