Barclays Bank : marking credit file for a "overdraft"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

recently i received my 3 credit files for checking.

I bank with Barclays and was surprised to see a entry on CallCredit & Experian for 23.24 overdrawn.

I have a basic cashcard account - no debit card, no overdraft facility.

I use standing orders to pay my bills and top it up with weekly credits to my account from my main account, with another bank.

Several times this year i have complained about "£8" charges for failed standing orders - when funds are in at 9am to honour such outgoings.

The "mark" on my file occurred when a charge was generated for 8.00 after 6 failed standing orders of 12.50 x 2 / 11.00 / 100.00 / 15.00 / 10.00 = total 161.00.

these were credited when bank opened by BACS - teller advised.

my point is that if as barclays believe i had insufficent funds to honour :

1. why did they pay a single standing order for 10.00 ?

why not pay them all ?

2. as no overdraft is permitted or requested, again they should have simply rejected all en masse and charged a single 8.00 fee as they state, so why didnt they?

3. as the account was in credit at 9am by BACS of 161 did this not trigger any common sense ??

4. why did they not state i was in default, and advise or inform they had marked my credit file ??

what can i do about this ???

is it legal to kill barclays employees on a wednesday afternoon ???

Hi YBIL,

I'd firstly try and sort this one at your branch.

They may be able to tell you how to get your timing right so your funds are in place BEFORE the SO's are paid out.

Thius should avoid you getting caught out by this again.

Also, seek a refund of any default charge made to your a/c because of this.

If there have been more default charges over the last 6 years, you should set about reclaiming these charges. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)