You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Karenrcg

Provident Personal Credit

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4014 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone I am new here but I am hoping someone can offer me a bit of advice, both myself and my partner are with Provident Personal Credit we have been with them for a few years and not really had any problems apart from the extortionate interest rate lol. A year or so ago out original agent retired and we got a new agent, now when we had the old agent if I wanted a new loan I would just ask and she would sort out the exact amount and length of re-payment that I had asked for with this new agent when asking for a loan she would want you to take more out and pay an existing loan off (we are no where near our limit so that wasn't the reason) anyway to cut a long story short I asked for a loan of £400 in november last year, when she came round to do the loan she had actually done it for £800 I had £400 cash and the rest of the money was used to pay off loans that I already had one was £225 and the other £210 she said I had got £35 rebate for paying them off early. A few months ago the agent in question made alot of mistakes on my partners account a few times the book didn't add up correctly, and then she started marking down lower amounts than we were actually paying her. We didn't go straight to head office (probably should have done in hind sight)

but we told her about it and she took my partners book away to audit/correct it. When we got the book back it was completely un-decipherable!! the week she brought it back she marked a payment £10 short so at this point we had had enough and contacted head office. Of course it wasn't until then that I started looking at things a bit closer it turns out that the £35 rebate I got for paying off the loans early should in fact have been £80 there was also a £10 rebate from an earlier settlement that wasn't given to me at all. Our local Provident office although seemingly helpful just tried to give me the brush off, I told them that I thought it was classed as fraud and they said they would report it to their investigators and someone would be in touch. Anyway they sent one of their invesitigators round who said they would need to audit so many of the accounts on the agents round then they would get back to us and if needed we would have to make a statement. Approx 3 weeks later I got a phone call from the investigator saying that they wasn't going to take it any further, they said that "the agent had been having some personal issues and her mind hadn't been fully on the job, and us and a few others may have suffered as a result" they agreed to credit our accounts with the money that we should have recieved as a rebate for early settlement. We have asked for all this in writing but have recieved nothing, we don't know if we have been credited the money back or not, we have nothing to even suggest that this so called investigation even took place. The agent doesn't call at our house now on our request but cheques we are sending to the local Provident office are "going missing" and not being cashed and as a result we are getting harassing phonecalls from some place in Scotland regarding paying the Provident account. I am so angry!! we had 100% payment record with them before this, I am also wondering how many other people across the country are not getting the rebates that they deserve:-x We are thinking of reporting them to trading standards but unsure where to go from here, we have been promised letters and statements but haven't recieved anything from them, all we manged to get was a leaflet on how to complain!! can anyone please offer any advice on where we go from here please.

Thankyou Karen

Hi Karenrcg

Have you thought about making a formal written complaint to their head office and the OFT/Trading Standards?

I bet that might get you a bit more than a half-baked apology!

ftc.